About the Department
Novo Nordisk’s Market Access and Public Affairs team engages diverse stakeholders across political and healthcare landscapes to forge solutions that drive patient access to innovative products. We strive to deliver the best possible outcomes for patients with diabetes, obesity, growth hormone deficiencies and rare bleeding disorders through mutual wins for both Novo Nordisk and our Market Access customers. Our passion for helping people live better lives and our award-winning product pipeline can only be as effective as our ability to provide life-changing information to healthcare providers, key stakeholders and policymakers. Our Market Access and Public Affairs professionals ensure that the latest therapies and products reach the people who need them most, by creating an environment where innovation and chronic disease management drive optimal health outcomes. Are you ready to realize your potential?
Builds relationships, and differentiates Novo Nordisk products in the marketplace, with targeted accounts that influence patient access and care. Targets include a range of influential stakeholders and decision makers, including but not limited to: Payers/Regional Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs), Health Systems with aligned Payers, Municipalities, Coalitions, Specialty Pharmacy, Federal Agencies and Employers, as defined by the role. Account activities include, but are not limited to, formulary placement/consideration for Novo Nordisk products, integrating overall Novo Nordisk Inc (NNI) brand and corporate awareness across the customer's organizational structure.
This position reports into a Director or Senior Director within the Area Market Access Team. Internally, this position has the responsibility of informing all appropriate NNI personnel of any access changes or updates in account status within targeted accounts, which may impact sales and marketing activities or other efforts across the organization. Key collaboration partners include the entire Market Access & Public Affairs Team, PCOR (Pricing, Contracting, Operations and Reimbursement), Marketing, Area Commercial Sales Team, Medical Affairs, Legal & Compliance and Human Resources.
External relationships include responsibility for multiple channels and customers as outlined in The Position of this Job Description. This role also develops productive relationships and maintains contact with key account personnel, including C-suite executives and department heads. Additionally, this role maintains relationships with other local associations, organizations, and patient support partners.
- Demonstrates a clear and thorough understanding of targeted disease states and their impact on all stakeholders/customers, as well as the full range of treatment options available and associated clinical outcomes
- Leverages detailed knowledge of both Novo Nordisk and competitor products to communicate effectively and appropriately with key decision makers and influencers and differentiate NNI products in alignment with customer and patient needs and goals
- Leverages appropriate proactive methods to gather and demonstrate a thorough understanding of integrated customer accounts, customer business models, financial dynamics, marketplace developments, competitive strategies, healthcare policy and NNI strategies and processes
- Builds knowledge about national sales and marketing strategies and learns how to adapt to an Areas unique market dynamic. Observes the changing local and national healthcare environment and adjusts business plans accordingly
- Coordinates, implements, and follows through on all relevant account contracts
- Keeps abreast of all pricing changes and related impact to customer relationships and decision-making
- Highlights NNI PRB approved patient-centric resources when relevant
- Leverages a network of relationships with internal and external stakeholders in order to ensure an aligned, customer-focused approach for the execution of business plans. This includes, but is not limited to, relationships with Sales colleagues to address localized geographic needs and opportunities
- Identifies key stakeholders who impact relevant customer accounts
- Develops plans to gain access to, build, maintain and leverage ongoing business-relevant relationships
- Maintains and keeps customer information current within approved NNI Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform(s)
- Identifies business opportunities based on an understanding of customers across geography
- Develops business plans, with leadership guidance, that facilitate access to the NNI portfolio
- Engages with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment around opportunities and integrated customer account approaches
- Follows-up with internal and external stakeholders to review product value, quality of care and account satisfaction
30-40% overnight travel required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree required
- Master’s Degree in business-relevant field preferred
- Previous experience as a people manager preferred
- 1 year of successful account management experience within the healthcare market; relevant Novo Nordisk experience may be substituted, where appropriate
- At least 5 years pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience required, 3 years of which were in a commercial or sales-related function
- Multiple channel and customer experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to deliver effective customer presentations
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.