Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Regional Marketing Manager (RMM) is a field-based position focused on working closely with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) within a defined geography and tumor-type. The RMM will focus on key opinion leader (KOL) engagements to gain insights into the market and into regional marketing opportunities, and to develop product advocacy. The RMM will develop strategies and implementation plans directed towards important and influential external stakeholders in their area. The RMM will work closely with a wide range of internal functions, including regulatory, legal, medical, market access, and especially the sales team.
This individual will lead the development and execution of regional advisory boards, speaker programs and other marketing tactics.
This individual will:
- Help lead the key customer marketing efforts in their respective regions
- Balance customer-facing time and managing marketing projects
- Drive results in key areas, including KOL relationship management, refining our approach to insights collection/reporting and advocacy development, speaker identification, training and management, and regional marketing efforts
- Develop clinical and commercial knowledge of the small-cell lung cancer (SCLC) market; understand the treatment and market specifics in their regions
- Help formulate strategic and tactical plans regarding our education and our KOL engagements based on a solid understanding of their regional market and market trends
- Develop engagement plans to enhance relationships and partnerships with key external stakeholders - Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) across functions (MDs, pharmacists, nurses, administrators) and sites of care (academic and community)
- Help lead the development, content creation and oversee deployment of regional advisory boards and other insight generation projects
- Contribute to speaker bureau development, including recruiting, developing content, training, executing and evaluating branded and unbranded educational peer-to-peer programs
- Contribute to and pull-through commercial strategies at medical conferences and meetings
- Prioritize, and help develop and implement peer-to-peer education or other tactics that meet the needs of regional markets
- Establish strong relationships with key internal functions - brand marketing, sales, access, and medical teams
- Ensure plans and tactics meet compliance and regulatory standards
- Participate on cross-functional teams and occasionally represent the Brand team at Promotional Material Review Committee (PMRC) meetings, and other internal meetings, as required
- Manage marketing projects and budgets associated with any regional key customer activities
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 5+ years of commercial experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry (sales, marketing, thought-leader liaison work, key customer-related work, or equivalent)
- 3+ years of oncology experience required
- Previous KOL-facing experience required
- Strong preference for breadth of functional experience
- Strong preference for lung-cancer market experience
- Launch experience preferred
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and demonstrated collaboration skills
- Team oriented individual with solid communication skills including experience presenting to cross-functional teams
- Must demonstrate good judgement and evidence of strategic thinking, planning, and project management skills
- Strong project management skills
- Approximately 40-60% travel is required
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Bachelor's Degree (life sciences or a related discipline a plus)
- Graduate degree (a plus)
Description of Work Environment
- Frequent computer laptop or tablet use
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of "normal" work hours, in order to meet business demands
- Frequent public contact requiring appropriate business apparel
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.