We are a small privately owned biotechnology company that is about to grow. We have a differentiated product with increasing potential against the significant unmet medical need for alternative non-opioid pain management solutions. Like all of our employees, you will play a major role in the development and growth of the company and will have direct access to our senior leaders who have significant experience and a track record of success.
XARACOLL, bupivacaine HCl collagen-matrix implant, utilizes our proprietary collagen-based delivery technology and has been approved for postsurgical analgesia as part of multi-modal therapy for patients undergoing hernia repair. XARACOLL delivers the anesthetic directly at the surgical site and to reduce pain and opioid use after surgery.
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) will be responsible for the development and management of a designated region and the personnel within it, with a goal of maximizing sales achievement. This role is responsible for leading, directing and managing activities of designated Hospital Sales Representatives within a specific geographical area and is very much a hands-on role working directly with customers. The RSM will be directly responsible for managing customer relationships with 8-10 select IDN accounts with regional importance. The RSM is responsible for leading a team to the achievement of established key business objectives.
- Exhibit leadership of the region and leadership within the organization by setting a standard of excellence
- Exercise judgment, integrity and equitable management practices necessary to guide the day-to-day activities of a diverse team
- Develop and coach a team of Hospital Representatives
- Lead a hospital sales team to successfully execute the sales and revenue plan, setting challenging goals and driving the team to exceed them
- Develop and maintain solid customer relationships with key executives, decision-influencers and decision-makers at major hospitals and IDNs.
- Develop and implement approved business plans to contribute to overall success
- Effectively identify/monitor multiple local market conditions, analyze and coordinate activities resulting from identified industry trends, competitor's resources and practices
- Monitor all field activities to make certain all are within compliance guidelines
- Provide feedback on marketing tactics and market conditions to senior leaders
- Provide input to the design of sales training and development programs that enable staff to achieve their potential and support company sales objectives
- Reports to : National Sales Director
- Direct Reports: Hospital Sales Representatives
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in life sciences and/or healthcare
- 10+ years of Sales experience
- 5+ years of Hospital Sales management experience
- Recent Hospital launch experience
- Proven track record of success in all respects of selling, i.e. technical knowledge, selling techniques, interpreting/analyzing data, and an in-depth understanding of medical field and pharmaceutical industry
- Proficient in all aspects of US pharmaceutical hospital environment, including knowledge of hospital systems, IDNs, and formulary experience
- Must exhibit strong experience developing, implementing, executing, and measuring success with account plans
- Successful track record of selecting, developing, and retaining talented individuals
- Independent, self-starter; willing to roll-up sleeves and get involved
- Strong management capabilities and the ability to ensure on-budget delivery of outputs and deliverables
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills and an ability to connect easily with others
- Strong verbal communication
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, with an ability to quickly assimilate information to develop actionable and effective solutions
- Excellent planning, time management, and critical thinking capabilities
- High level of integrity developing and executing compliant strategies and works transparently with legal, regulatory and compliance
Key Skills and Capabilities
- Leads by example - Understands how RSM role can drive value in a territory, both in terms of personal engagements with customers, and also how they manage their teams
- Influence and Networking - Builds broad and deep networks, understands the different needs and motivations of others and adapts style accordingly, strong verbal communication style
- Performance Driven - Takes accountability, sets challenging goals and measures and drives to exceed them, self-starter, independent, optimistic outlook, positive about what can be achieved
- Self-Improvement orientation - Has exceptional product knowledge, Proactive and implements continuous learning, always reviews interactions seeking ways to improve going forward
- Planning and Critical Thinking - Is analytical and structured in planning and reviewing day to day activity
- Understand Compliant Selling - Understands, leads by example, Is open and transparent
- Locations: : LA, Dallas, Chicago, Baltimore, NYC, Orlando
- Travel required - estimated 70-80% of time.
Innocoll Core Values
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
For more information, please visit www.innocoll.com.