Overview You will develop and deploy the overall strategy for the Immuno-oncology Therapeutic area within the Oncology business unit. The focus will be on business strategy and growth, sales targets, portfolio management, and to serve as a Customer Relations Executive to key accounts.
- You will focus on growth, operational and financial performance, and team leadership.
- You will serve as the route of escalation for any study within the Immuno-oncology segment.
- You will identify, develop and lead Immuno-oncology specific strategy for processes, site engagement, and Key Opinion Leader engagement.
- You will assign yourself or a Customer Relations Executive to an account/opportunity based on the scope of that opportunity, its growth potential, capacity, and a complementary fit of skills/experience.
- You will actively manage and mentor Project Management staff in leadership skills, customer management skills, project management skills, Trusted Process compliance, and for project specific tasks.
- You will ensure appropriate training and development is provided to all of your assigned staff.
- You will perform other work-related duties as assigned. Moderate travel may be required (up to 50%).
- Bachelor's degree in the life sciences, a nursing degree, or equivalent education plus extensive clinical research experience in a contract research organization, pharmaceutical, or biotechnology company.
- 10-15 years of clinical development experience is preferred, as is 5-7 yrs of progressive management experience.
- Have spent some time actively managing clinical research projects across the Oncology functional area (with Immuno-oncology experience being preferred), and other relevant therapeutic experience is to your advantage.
- Previous supervisory experience and pharma/CRO experience is required.
- Thorough knowledge of FDA regulations, drug development, and clinical monitoring procedures.
- Demonstrated proficiency with ICH/GCP guidelines, a proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), email, and voicemail.
- Flexibility and the ability to mentor and manage new staff and to handle multiple tasks to meet deadlines delivering high quality work in a dynamic environment will be essential.
- Strong presentation, documentation and interpersonal skills as well as a team-oriented approach. Must have valid, current driver's license and ability to secure corporate credit card.