About the Department
At Novo Nordisk Research Center Seattle, Inc. (NNRCSI) our scientists apply cutting-edge technologies to early R&D projects with the goal of bringing real change to People with Diabetes and Obesity. Imagine transforming the face of biomedical research and building world-class target discovery platforms in a state -of-the art facility. That’s what we do at Novo Nordisk Research Center Seattle, Inc. (NNRCSI). Our scientists apply cutting-edge technologies within the diabetes and obesity areas, with the goal of bringing molecules to market. Areas of focus include advanced proteomics, flow cytometry, bioinformatics, high content imaging and phenotypic screening with an emphasis on identifying protein-based therapies for obesity, diabetes, and adjacent therapeutic areas. At the NNRCSI, your skills, dedication and ambition will help us change lives for the better. In exchange, we’ll offer you an opportunity to work with extraordinary talent, continuously learn and develop, and drive change to defeat serious chronic conditions. We are changing lives for a living. Are you ready to make a difference?
Provide hands-on and technical support within the Discovery Bioanalysis and In Vitro Pharmacology department at NNRCSI. This role contributes to the department's goals by providing technical support to pharmacology studies critical to discovery efforts in the Obesity Research Unit.
Reports to Obesity Research Management and interacts with Discovery Bioanalysis and In Vitro Pharmacology on daily basis to accomplish goals and objectives. Internal relationships are with the NNRCSI staff, other department colleagues, scientific project teams, and other staff at NNRC. This role has no direct or indirect reports.
- Assists Research Scientist and Senior Associate Scientists in designing and performing laboratory research experiments; demonstrates an understanding of basic experimental concepts, objectives, and concepts of experimental design. Completes assignments of limited scope and complexity requiring a basic knowledge of techniques and practices related to the research area
- Manages laboratory inventory (reagents, media, consumables, and cell lines)
- Maintains mammalian and primary cell lines
- Performs cell based functional assays
- Maintains laboratory notebooks (ELN)
0-10% overnight travel required; May be required to work company holidays and weekends.
- Associate’s degree with one (1) year of relevant experience required as defined below. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Relevant experience and qualifications include:
- Independent management of laboratory inventory
- Maintaining and freezing mammalian and primary cell lines
- Excellent tissue culture skills including aseptic technique
- Experience with cell based functional assays
- Knowledge of laboratory automation and preventative maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Ability to accurately maintain laboratory notebooks
- Ability to read and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Ability to work occasional weekends and holidays
- Computer proficiency, data management, and the ability to learn new software programs
- Proper handling of biohazard material required
- Highly organized and self-motivated with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced in vitro biology setting
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.