IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
We have a number of new and exciting Senior Epidemiology opportunities within our fast growing and highly successful Real World & Late Phase Outcomes Research team here at IQVIA.
Within IQVIA, the Real-World Evidence Solutions ( RWES ) business unit employs over 1,000 dedicated staff to design, implement and manage real-world and post-marketing studies. As healthcare stakeholders increasingly need evidence to support regulatory, reimbursement and prescribing decisions, the IQVIA RWES team offers a comprehensive evidence approach to meet our customer's unique needs for demonstrating safety, effectiveness and quality.
Working as a Senior Epidemiologist in our team, you'll work closely with global clients and other functional groups by providing epidemiology and outcomes research leadership for observational research on the natural history of disease and comparative safety, effectiveness and cost of medical treatment. You'll also be involved in designing methodologically sound studies to meet project objectives and regulatory and payer requirements. Additionally, you'll be conducting and supervising analyses, evaluation and reporting of studies.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Serving as project lead or in support of project lead on client facing or internal projects.
- Authoring protocols, reports and other study documents with independent, critical thinking to ensure quality and completeness of output, overseeing timeline for deliverables associated with analysis and reporting.
- Reviewing and providing relevant epidemiological and outcomes research input to statistical analysis plans and analysis output.
- Reviewing and providing epidemiology and outcomes research input for tasks including CRF/eCRF development, form previews and other ad hoc project tasks (e.g., regulatory responses, slide deck development).
- Independently generating content and direction for business development proposals with input from senior staff as needed.
- Interacting with clients as warranted, with senior staff involvement as needed.
- Representing IQVIA externally through conference presentations.
To be successful in this role you'll need to have a Masters Degree or PhD in public health, epidemiology, outcomes research, health economics or a relevant scientific field, and relevant work experience.
You'll also need to have :
- Ability to design, plan and conduct observational studies of comparative effectiveness, safety and cost.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients in a global and matrixed environment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet Explorer.
- Must be highly organized and self-motivated with ability to determine and meet objectives.
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
Job ID: R1098732