About the Department
Site New Hampshire, located in West Lebanon, is where Novo Nordisk’s life-saving treatments are brought to life. Our manufacturing facility produces a global supply of our hemophilia and growth hormone product lines, as well as our next generation of cutting-edge medications. It’s not your average production site – it’s a tight-knit, supportive community working together to contribute to a better tomorrow for our patients. Ethics and quality are held in the highest regard, and a patient-focused mindset guides everything we do. We’re looking for individuals who are self-starters with a strong work ethic to join our team. At Novo Nordisk, you will find opportunities, resources and mentorship to grow and build your career. Are you ready to realize your potential?
This position will provide scientific support in areas of protein and product characterization, process transfer and technical support of ongoing biopharmaceutical manufacturing operations.
Main Job Tasks
- Provide scientific support in the transfer, development and characterization of new protein analytical methods, and/or commercial processes in cell culture, protein purification and/or protein formulation
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Monitoring and analysis of process operations and the design and analysis of laboratory experiments aimed at developing new protein characterization methods, formulations and/or processes, solving complex manufacturing problems, optimizing existing processes and/or improving process reliability
- Participate in cross functional R&D teams, investigation teams, technology transfer teams and/or operational excellence teams dedicated to improving systems and practices
- Contribute to scientific expertise and provide general knowledge in a breadth of technical areas relevant to biopharmaceutical products, protein characterization and/or manufacturing
- Manage direct reports and provide ongoing supervision and development opportunities
- Support the submission of worldwide regulatory filings
- Performs all job duties and responsibilities in a compliant and ethical manner and in accordance with all applicable healthcare laws, regulations and industry codes
- Incorporates the Novo Nordisk Way and Essentials in all activities and interactions with others
- Incorporates the Novo Nordisk Way and 10 Essentials in all activities and interactions with others
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities and Experience
- MS with three (3) plus years
- or PhD with one (1) year experience
Technical expertise in cell culture, protein purification, protein analytics or protein formulation (including laboratory and/or scale-up experience) and broad knowledge of other technical areas within biopharmaceutical manufacturing.
Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to manage development associate staff is required
- Prior experience authoring IND or BLA sections is desirable
- Working knowledge of computer software such as MSWord and skilled knowledge of Excel and/or statistical software is required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Excellent organizational skills
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- The ability to walk, finger, and grasp
- The ability to talk and convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly
- Repetition including substantial movement of wrists, hands, and or fingers
- While performing this job employee work involves sitting most of the time with walking and standing required only occasionally. This position may lift up to 10 pounds frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects
- Visual acuity to perform close activities such as: reading, writing, and analyzing; and to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of work assigned or to make general observations
- Local and International Travel: 0-5%
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.