About the Department
Site New Hampshire, located in West Lebanon, is where Novo Nordisk’s life-saving treatments are brought to life. Our manufacturing facility produces a global supply of our hemophilia and growth hormone product lines, as well as our next generation of cutting-edge medications. It’s not your average production site – it’s a tight-knit, supportive community working together to contribute to a better tomorrow for our patients. Ethics and quality are held in the highest regard, and a patient-focused mindset guides everything we do. We’re looking for individuals who are self-starters with a strong work ethic to join our team. At Novo Nordisk, you will find opportunities, resources and mentorship to grow and build your career. Are you ready to realize your potential?
Novo Nordisk in New Hampshire is growing! We're building a new pilot suite for Cell Therapy and we're looking for a scientist to lead this new Cell production area. This position will lead pilot plant operations for cell therapy production and be the primary contact for technical transfer. The Scientist will partner with lead engineers to source, test, and develop new technology/equipment for new cell line production in state of the art flexible facility. The person in this role will be able to provide scientific support in areas of cell characterization, process transfer and technical support of future biopharmaceutical manufacturing operations.
Reports to: According to the organizational chart.
Number of subordinates with direct/indirect referral: n/a
- Provide scientific support in the transfer, development and characterization of new cell analytical methods, and/or commercial processes in next generation cell culture.
- Ability to work independently and lead a team.
- Monitoring and analysis of process operations and the design and analysis of laboratory experiments aimed at developing new cell characterization methods, solving complex manufacturing problems, optimizing processes and/or improving process reliability.
- Participate in cross functional R&D teams, investigation teams, technology transfer teams and/or operational excellence teams dedicated to improving systems and practices.
- Contribute to scientific expertise and provide general knowledge in a breadth of technical areas relevant to biopharmaceutical products, cell characterization and/or manufacturing.
- Manage direct reports and provide ongoing supervision and development opportunities.
- Support the submission of worldwide regulatory filings.
- Other duties as the arise.
- Performs all job duties and responsibilities in a compliant and ethical manner and in accordance with all applicable healthcare laws, regulations and industry codes.
- Incorporates the Novo Nordisk Way and 10 Essentials in all activities and interactions with others
0-10% overnight travel required. The ability to walk, finger, and grasp. The ability to talk and convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. Repetition including substantial movement of wrists, hands, and or fingers. While performing this job employee work involves sitting most of the time with walking and standing required only occasionally. This position may lift up to 10 pounds frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Visual acuity to perform close activities such as: reading, writing, and analyzing; and to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of work assigned or to make general observations.
Novo Nordisk requires all new hires, both Field and Office-based, to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Novo Nordisk will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. You will be required to upload an image of your COVID-19 vaccine card at the time of hire and/or on your first day of employment.
- Education and Certifications
- MS with three (3) plus years
- or PhD with one (1) year experience
- Work Experience
- Technical expertise in cell culture (including laboratory and/or scale-up experience) and broad knowledge of other technical areas within biopharmaceutical manufacturing.
- Experience leading others
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to manage development associate staff is required.
- Ability to facilitate cross functional problem solving using standard root cause analysis methodology
- Ability to plan, organize and lead projects using standardized project management tools including; project charter, timeline, issues list, risk register and budgeting
- Ability to perform analysis of current vs future state for complex processes in a supply chain environment (from incoming materials to product shipment)
- Ability to seek consensus amongst diverse view points
- Ability to interact with and influence multiple levels of the organization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
This role will require travel. Initial travel within the first year will include 1 – 3 month periods in a US or International based location for training and development purposes.
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.