PACT Pharma is an exciting, well-funded clinical stage company developing personalized adoptive T cell therapies for the eradication of solid tumors. Our private designer T cells are created by analyzing a patient’s individual tumor and engineering T cells to kill that specific tumor. In principle, this technology can be used to treat any cancer type.
We are in the San Francisco bay area, the heart of the world’s premier biotechnology research hub. PACT Pharma offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including participation in the aggressive growth of the company in the form of stock option grants.
We are about eradicating cancer, come join our team!
We are currently recruiting for a Scientist-level independent contributor who will join the Gene Editing team’s research group and contribute to the advancement of PACT’s cutting edge engineered cell product. This will be a unique opportunity to see your ideas rapidly translate into the clinic and impact patient lives.
What You Will Do:
You will utilize your expertise in molecular and cellular biology to independently generate preclinical and IND-enabling data. The incumbent will develop and optimize gene editing platforms and methods which will be utilized for next-generation T cell therapies. The incumbent will also develop methods to assess off-target and on-target editing. Molecular construct design, validation, data analysis, and regulatory report generation will be key components of your work.
You will be responsible for proposing projects, designing experiments, and executing work aimed at improving PACT’s cellular product using genetic tools. The incumbent will draw on a deep understanding of T cell biology and oncology, as well as existing therapeutics MoAs, in order to contribute to the team’s discussion of which genes or systems should be prioritized and how best to tailor cells to take advantage of the target pathway.
- PhD plus 1 to 3 years’ post-graduate experience
- Demonstrated autonomy in expression vector design and generation
- Experience with primary cell culture and flow cytometry
- Experience in areas related to T cell signaling or T cell biology
- Ability to propose new projects, design proof of concept experiments, and independently execute and analyze the work
- Industry experience
- Direct experience with molecular cloning
- Direct experience designing and performing assays using ddPCR or real-time PCR
- Direct experience drafting technical reports and documents for inclusion in regulatory submissions
- A deep understanding of natural and synthetic gene regulatory elements that act at the DNA, RNA, and protein levels
- Expertise in cutting-edge gene editing technologies and/or therapeutic cell products, and analysis methods for engineering outcomes
- Ability to select and utilize informatics tools for analyzing large and/or complex datasets such as NGS, and correlating data with a variety of variables and outcomes.
- Experience designing and conducting novel genetic screens
PACT Pharma is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strives to build a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.