Vir is a clinical-stage immunology company with a compelling mission; "A World Without Infectious Disease". We are focused on combining immunologic insights with innovative technologies. We have assembled four technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and improve the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Our current development pipeline consists of product individuals targeting hepatitis B virus, influenza A, SARS-CoV-2, human immunodeficiency virus and tuberculosis.
We believe the success of our colleagues drives the success of our Mission. We have an ongoing commitment to creating a company passionate about equality, inclusion, and respect. When everyone feels supported and encouraged to give at their best, we will collectively deliver outstanding results.
Vir Biotechnology is seeking a highly talented and motivated immunologist to join our Human Immunology team to tackle challenges spanning discovery research and pre-clinical development. The successful candidate will join Vir's efforts in discovery research aimed at development of novel therapeutic programs. This person will have interactions with cross-functional discovery teams. Experience in T cell immunology with a focus on antigen recognition is required. The candidate will also be expected to contribute to the discovery of novel T cell immunomodulators for infectious disease. Experience in human immunology with a focus on T cell assays as well as antibody development is desirable.
- Planning, validation and execution of cutting-edge human immunologic assays in support of research programs.
- Development and management of internal and external resources to support research programs.
- Perform scientific research of considerable scope and complexity. Applies in-depth knowledge of scientific methods, both quantitative and/or qualitative.
- Maintains project timelines and actively participates in team meetings.
- Presents scientific work at internal meetings and potential partners.
- Keeps thorough and accurate records of daily activities, experimental details, and results related to assigned projects.
- May provide scientific mentorship to Research Associates.
- Actively manage animal models of therapeutic activity
- Actively seeks opportunities to continuously improve
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Candidate must have a PhD and/or MD and 2+ year of relevant industry/academic experience with focus in either immunology or infectious disease. Some postdoctoral experience is preferred.
- Must have a broad fundamental understanding of the immune response to infectious agents and cancer.
- Technical expertise with specialized immunology assays and methods such as polychromatic flow cytometry, cytotoxicity, T cell functional assay and antigen presentation assays, and other in vitro immunology systems is required. Familiarity with management and analysis of complex, multi-parameter data sets (i.e. systems biology) ideal.
- Experience working with human biospecimens preferred.
- Highly productive and organized in terms of number and volume of scientific projects responsible for, involved with, and consulting on.
- Must be a creative yet critical thinker, and able to work with direction to determine appropriate resources for resolution of problems. Strong organizational and planning skills will be necessary for success in this position.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and technical) and strong interpersonal skills are required.
- MD and/or PhD in immunology, cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or related scientific field.
Vir's compensation and benefits are aligned with the current market and commensurate with the person's experience and qualifications. All full-time employees receive a package that includes: compensation, bonus and equity as well as many other Vir benefits and perks such as: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, non-accrual paid time off, one Friday a month paid-time off, company shut down for holidays, commuter benefits, child care reimbursement, education reimbursement, 401K match and lunch for all lab essential personnel!
Vir is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact Human Resources to request accommodation.
Vir Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.