Requisition ID: BIO005421
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world's premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, we're doubling down on this goal. Merck Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take Merck's leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
This is a molecular biology position in the Molecular Profiling group, performing gene expression analysis on a variety of platforms to support basic research, preclinical and development activities and translational biomarker work. This high-throughput core lab requires an organized, highly motivated individual who is capable of multi-tasking projects in a collaborative environment.
Job includes, but is not limited to:
- RNA isolation in various tissues/cells from human, non-human primate and rodents
- Gene expression profiling and data analysis on various platforms
- Presenting relevant data to project teams
Education Minimum Requirement:
B.S/B.A/M.S. in biology, chemistry, biochemistry or molecular biology
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 3 years work experience in industry or academia
- Knowledge in molecular biology techniques, specifically RNA isolation/quantitation and RTqPCR
- Familiarity with Applied Biosystems, Fluidigm, or other qPCR platforms
- Must have good communication skills and be comfortable working in a team environment\
- Ability to trouble-shoot and work independently, with minimal supervision\
- Must have good organization and time management skills
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Previous experience working in a BSL-2 lab environment
- Experience with data analysis using various statistical software packages as well as Microsoft Office applications
- Familiarity with computer software: TIBCO Spotfire, Graphpad Prism, Omicsoft, Filemaker Pro, Ingenuity Pathway Analysis, Vector NTI, Sequencher
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Other Locations: South San Francisco, CA, US
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): N/A
Hazardous Materials: yes; Hazardous chemicals related to RNA isolation techniques including; Chloroform, Phenolchloroform, guanidinium isothiocynate, STAT60
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto