Q2 Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. With a relentless focus on quality and innovation, Q2 Solutions uses its global experience and scientific expertise to transform science and data into actionable medical insights that help customers improve human health. A joint venture of IQVIA (formerly QuintilesIMS) and Quest Diagnostics, Q2 Solutions combines the best of each parent organization's clinical trials laboratory services capabilities to fulfill its mission of treating each sample as if a life depends on it.
This scientific position builds on past experience, skills, and personal attributes of an accomplished bioanalytical scientist. The position involves applying laboratory skills to assist in the development and implementation of large molecule therapeutics and biomarkers. Small molecule therapeutics and biomarker support may also be required.
- Work under the direction senior scientists and/or management to perform the wet laboratory work in support of method development, method validation, and sample analysis. Apply existing or new bioanalytical approaches pertaining specifically to large molecule LC/MS biomarker, biotherapeutic assays, or small molecule therapeutic and biomarker work as needed.
- Uphold all safety standards, guidelines, and regulatory compliance requirements
- Conduct all aspects of manual and automated sample preparation
- Make and records observations, and performs calculations as required
- Document all project work according to Q Squared and GLP processes and procedures
- Build specialized knowledge in chromatographic and mass spectrometric techniques for career development
- Prepare and presents project data and supporting information. Contributes to and reviews technical reports if needed
- Assist with training new Wet Laboratory staff and provide leadership to less experienced staff
- Responsible for providing clear communication with higher level Scientific, Project Management, and LC/MS/MS teams
- Prepare stock and working solutions, standards and QC samples
- Weigh reference compounds
- Assist in maintaining adequate supplies and housekeeping of laboratory areas
- Participate in analytical and troubleshooting issues
- Participate in process improvement initiatives, e.g. 6S
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Highly experienced in all routine laboratory procedures
- Understanding of development/validation of methodology
- Understanding of wet-laboratory sample extraction
- Ability to interact with clients, and work to objectives/timelines
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills
- Ability to maintain clear and efficient documentation
- Ability to follow verbally communicated or draft procedures
- General understanding of chromatography and mass spectrometry instrumentation
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry or a related field with 3 year of related experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience in GLP laboratory environment.
- Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers
- Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech
- Regular sitting for extended periods of time
- Extensive use of micropipettes requiring repetitive motion of hand and wrist
- May be required to lift 20 pound loads on an infrequent basis
- Ability to wear PPE, as required
- Will work with general laboratory reagents and research compounds
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
Job ID: R1076493