You are organized, driven, and thrive in an ownership position.
You're ambitious and business-savvy enough to secure and organize high-visibility, large-scale projects. However, you know that maintaining close individual relationships and being a reliable liaison are the keys to building confidence and lasting trust with your customers. Can you see the big picture and the details? You have the potential to excel in this dynamic Senior Account Executive role with Managed Markets Communications.
The Senior Account Executive Managed Markets (SAEMM) serves as the primary day- to- day client contact. The SAEMM supports the development of the strategic direction for the brand and assists in managing the agency team from project planning through implementation. This position supports client relationships, account profitability and growth, and strategic cross- servicing opportunities.
Managed Markets Communications fuses the Culture experience of seasoned managed markets/market access professionals with the power of full-scale advertising agency capabilities. It's a seamless marriage of insight and talent that gives our client a significant competitive advantage. We deliver a confident, finely tuned understanding of managed markets/market access and key stakeholders. We offer the knowledge, skills and insights to foster a true partnership via meaningful collaboration, nuanced problem-solving and focused, results-driven goals.
- Manages day-to-day needs of account and maintains daily client contact and follow-up
- Coordinates internal team across functions, including Producer, Account, Managed Markets Content Expert, Creative, Medical, Strategy, and Digital
- Ensures common understanding of project objectives and effectively communicates next steps and action items to internal and client teams
- Directly addresses client inquiries and concerns and partners with agency team to present solutions to client and agency
- Effectively communicates agency point of view
- Works with client team to develop communication objectives and drive tactical initiatives
- Engages senior management in an appropriate manner regarding any client needs/concerns
- Participates in tactical planning and scope development and strategy development
- Attends client meetings as needed (market research, POA, yearly planning, etc.)
- Develops or oversees development of internal documentation per agency SOP (e.g., brand reviews, creative history books, client backgrounders, etc.)
- Maintains financial control of the account including utilization and profitability
- Assists with internal bi-monthly forecast updates
- Prepares client budget/forecast reconciliations
- Generates annual financial budgets
- Proactively reviews financial status of account with client
- Monitors account utilization
- Ensures senior management is aware of any potential financial issues
- Possesses an understanding of the pharmaceutical industry, managed markets space, therapeutic category, brand, and relevant competitors
- Keeps up-to-date on industry, managed markets, and therapeutic category trends through websites, trade journals, market research attendance (as permitted), and rep-field rides
- Works with internal team members to develop and understand the client Value Brief; evaluates individual tactics developed by the agency against the Value Brief
- Proactively reviews the strategic plan to support Managed Markets Content Expert and brand planning
- Works with internal team members to develop and understand the Project Brief for appropriate tactics; evaluates project against the Project Brief
- Bachelor's degree (marketing, communications concentration preferred)
- Healthcare advertising experience (DTC, HCP and/or Payer)
- 2 plus years of agency, healthcare marketing experience
- Knowledge of managed markets, general pharmaceutical marketing and sales, brand management preferred
- Travel required approximately 20-40%
- Key Competencies: Managed Markets Marketing
- Self-starter who demonstrates initiative when exploring team and client needs, responding to requests and learning about disease states, therapeutic categories, managed markets customers, marketing principles, pharmaceutical industry market dynamics, brands, and communications channels
- Exhibits a strong work ethic, attention to detail, reliably and consistently adheres to agency work standards
- Successfully manages multiple projects and exercises judgment to prioritize and accomplish tasks
- Approaches client business with a holistic approach
- Understands the basic principles and framework for client's and brand's strategic approach to managed markets
- Understands marketing mix components: print and digital
Key Competencies: Leadership
- Fosters a team environment across functions
- Develops strong, productive relationships with internal team
- Possesses ability to present point-of-view and influence decision-making
- Maintains composure under pressure; leads by example
- Acts with professionalism and integrity - exhibits open, honest, and fair behaviors
- Recognizes and escalates issues when appropriate
- Demonstrates respect, empathy and appreciation for others
- Regularly exercises judgment and discretion to manage multiple projects
- Demonstrates awareness of his or her actions and personal interactions impact others
Managed Markets Communications has a pervasive entrepreneurial, hardworking and fun atmosphere. We value team members who are smart, kind and fun to be around. We truly care about one another and strive to promote from within. We create growth opportunities that allow employees to pursue interests and expand their careers. In order to maintain Managed Markets Communications' commitment to growth, happiness and long-term reward, we focus on hiring the right people with the right talent, which has contributed to our success.
Managed Markets Communications is the only healthcare communications network that is part of a company on the frontlines of healthcare, with a clear view into the everyday complexities of life and health. As part of Syneos Health™, our agencies - consisting of leading brands and experts in advertising, branding, public relations, managed markets and medical communications - are engaged in every point of influence in health, providing real-world insight into markets and audiences in ways that no other partner could.
WORK HEREMATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate bringing new therapies to patients?
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)