Senior Accountant - 12 month contract
The Product investments accountant is an experienced accountant that will oversee all the accounting operations by controlling and verifying financial transactions related to specific product investments.
The Product investment accountant responsibilities include reconciling account balances, maintaining general ledger, preparing month-end close procedures. A successful accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles and VAT. The ideal candidate has also experience collaborating with colleagues working in a different department (such as marketing and medical departments) and also junior profiles.
The Product investments accountant duties also include;
- ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all accounting tasks;
- maintaining and balancing accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions;
- resolving discrepancies;
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
Position Requirements (knowledge, education, qualifications, level of experience, etc.)
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance preferable
- Proven experienced as accountant for at least 5 years, preferable in a pharmaceutical company
- Good knowledge in accounting (local GAAP and IFRS nice to have)
- Good communications skills (with suppliers, auditors, colleagues and consultants)
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
Key Competencies specific to the role
- Accounting knowledge of ITA GAAP and possibly IFRS
- Communication skills
- Team working
- Research Skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Quick learner especially about accounting systems.