At Intercept, our mission is to build a healthier tomorrow for patients with progressive non-viral liver diseases. Intercept's lead product, obeticholic acid (OCA), is a first-in-class farnesoid X receptor (FXR) agonist marketed under the brand name \"Ocaliva®\" in the U.S., EU and Canada for the treatment of patients with primary biliary cholangitis (PBC), a rare autoimmune liver disease. Ocaliva® was the first medication to be approved for PBC in over twenty years, and sales continue to grow more than four years after its initial approval in 2016.
Intercept has also established the leading clinical development program in advanced fibrosis due to nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH), a disease that impacts the lives of millions of people in the U.S. alone. Currently, there are no available treatments for NASH, and the REGENERATE study of OCA remains the only Phase 3 trial to have generated positive results in the disease. A second Phase 3 trial, REVERSE, is evaluating OCA in patients with compensated cirrhosis due to NASH, with results expected in 2021.
People at Intercept are passionate about patients. You'll see their photos lining our walls and hear their stories in town halls. We're equally passionate about our team and ensuring each member reaches their potential. We brave new challenges together. That's how we find better ways to get things done and break down barriers. It's also how we make it fun to work here.
At Intercept, we foster an environment that celebrates creativity, collaboration, and mutual respect. We never hesitate to lean on our teammates and work together. Our relatively small size means you partner with accessible leaders who know you by name. This brings accountability and growth, which all add up to more opportunities to learn something new every day. A strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion is engrained in both our culture and our business. For self-motivated leaders who are ready to make a di¬fference in the lives of patients, Intercept is a great place to be.
As Intercept continues to build its position as the leader in progressive non-viral liver disease, we are seeking a Senior Accountant to join the Accounting team.
This position will provide direct support to the Director of Accounting/Assistant Controller, ensuring that all transactions are properly accounted for and recorded. The position will contribute to ensure all ledger accounts are reconciled timely and provide a direct line of support to business colleagues and other members of the Finance team. This role also requires a friendly, energetic person with high integrity who can represent the accounting department with professionalism - interacting with peers, colleagues, industry leaders, and corporate executives.
The successful candidate must be able to perform each of the following satisfactorily:
* Contribute to the month-end close process and account reconciliations
* Pursue continuous improvement of the closing process cycle
* Participate in the preparation of audit schedules and interfacing with the auditors during the financial audit process
* Establish proper records, approvals, documentation, and audit trails for all transactions
* Assist with the preparation and analysis of reporting ensuring the quality, reliability and timeliness of the reports including annual, quarterly SEC reports and proxy statements as well as statutory requests
* Assist the Assistant Controller on ad hoc projects
* Assist in the development of process documentation
* Understand the legal and compliance environment and drive collaboration with the Legal and Compliance team
* Drive the spirit of \"ONE Team\" across all functions by supporting a team approach to focus on our patients and customers as our top priorities
* Make Intercept a truly desired place to work
Experience and Skills
* BS in Accounting or related discipline
* CPA required
* 5-7 years of combined experience within public accounting and industry in a similar role or capacity
* Pharmaceutical industry experience is a strong plus but not required
* Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
* Proactive, self-starter who possesses exceptional multi-tasking and communication skills, both oral and written
* A high level of professionalism, organization, and flexibility are essential
* Must exercise strong attention to detail
* Exceptional interpersonal skills and problem-solving capabilities
* Ability to work effectively across a matrix organization
* Ability to work independently and prioritize with minimal daily instruction
* Ability to think strategically to improve current processes
* Learning agility and 'scalability' to take on increasing responsibility as Intercept grows
* Consistent demonstration and embodiment of company core values: Collaboration, Excellence, Innovation, Integrity, Passion, Patient/Stakeholder Centricity
* Ability to have fun and thrive in a growing, diverse, and inclusive work environment