Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Senior Analyst of Medical Affairs (Medical Education Grants) will be an integral member of the Medical Affairs, Medical Education Grant team which processes medical education grant requests from external parties. As part of the team the Senior Analyst reviews grant applications, issues payments, communicates with an internal and external team, tracks the educational outcomes of programs, reviews grant reconciliations and compiles individual and aggregate reports regarding the impact of supported programs.
The Senior Analyst, Medical Education Grants will:
- Monitor the Educational Grant Management System and perform initial review of grant requests to ensure completeness
- Determine if grant requests are in line with established review criteria and eligible to be routed to the review team
- Track routed requests against the budget to ensure approvals do not exceed target forecast
- Process approved grant requests, to include communication of grant approvals to internal and external parties and issuing of payment to requestors
- Maintain a schedule of supported educational events across all therapeutic areas
- Communicate with educational partners regarding development of programs and educational outcomes in compliance with regulatory standards
- Track outcomes from supported programs
- Document communications and information regarding grant requests through uploading of information or entering comments in the educational grant management system
- Issue reports on performance metrics for the IME grant program with manager oversight and communicate results to stake holders within the organization as requested
- Prepare presentations for use by management and other internal departments as needed
- Respond to reported problems and work with a diverse team of internal and external stakeholders to identify resolutions
- Schedule monthly EGRC meetings, distribute review materials to the team prior to the meeting and prepare presentation materials
- Identify potential process improvements related to the grant workflow
- Update documentation related to IME grant processes and workflow diagrams to ensure business continuity and aid in continuous improvement efforts
- Communicate regularly with grant requestors regarding status, payment, program materials and outcomes of supported events
- Participate in professional meetings and industry alliances in order to evaluate the impact that regulatory and policy decisions have on IME grants
- Pharmaceutical industry and/or agency/medical education company experience is required
- Experience working with Microsoft Office, including Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word is required
- Experience working with Pivot Tables, Macros and/or Visual Basic for Applications is preferred
- Experience working with publication software (e.g., Microsoft Publisher, Adobe InDesign) is desired
- Knowledge/understanding of FDA and regulatory guidelines for industry support of medical education events (e.g., PhRMA guidelines, OIG, AMA, ACCME, Sunshine Act) is desired
- Knowledge of CME/CE outcomes assessments (e.g., MOOREs, TELMs) is desired
- Experience working with reporting solutions (e.g., Izenda, SmartSheets) is desired
- Experience working with a request management or customer management system is desired (e.g., Polaris, Vision Tracker, CRM systems)
- 4-year degree OR 5+years direct experience working with medical education grants
- Strong project management and/or data/business analytics skills are desired
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and work efficiently in a fast paced culture
- Must be disciplined, detail oriented and excel in personal time management
- Able to collaborate and interact at all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and critical reasoning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently while also supporting/working in teams collaboratively
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic and flexible/adaptable approach
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.