About the Department
Imagine transforming the face of biomedical research and building world-class target discovery platforms in a state-of-the art facility--that’s what we do at Novo Nordisk Research Center Seattle, Inc. (NNRCSI). Our scientists apply cutting-edge technologies to better understand metabolic diseases, with the goal of bringing molecules to market. These technologies include advanced proteomics, flow cytometry, bioinformatics, high content imaging, and phenotypic screening with an emphasis on identifying protein-based therapies for diabetes, obesity, and adjacent therapeutic areas. At the NNRCSI, your skills, dedication, and ambition will help us change lives for the better. In exchange, we’ll offer you an opportunity to work with extraordinary colleagues, continuously learn and develop, and drive change to defeat serious chronic conditions.
To provide technical expertise and to execute laboratory research strategies in support of multiple in vivo and in vitro projects focused on expedited evaluation and the clinical translation of therapies for type 1 diabetes and kidney disease. This position will be responsible for providing peer leadership and technical support in the laboratory for research experiments and data integrity.
Reports to the head of the Type 1 Diabetes, Immunology, & Kidney Disease department. Internal relationships including working closely with technical staff and other members of the scientific leadership team in TIKD; regular collaborations with members of other research departments at NNRCSI; & frequent interaction with project managers and other colleagues in Denmark. Individual may interact with external research collaborators both academia- and industry-based.
- Propose, plan, & execute complex, diverse projects that require a strong technical and scientific understanding of diabetes, renal disease, &/or immunology
- Troubleshoot highly complex tasks through independent & team-based efforts
- Assume responsibility for project design and implementation
- Ensure proper documentation of all experiments & data
- Collaborative teamwork
- Achieve business goals, share learnings, knowledge and skills and promote cross-functional teamwork
- Mentor junior staff
- Actively participate in cross-functional teams to drive project success
- Actively participate in virtual global team meetings regularly
- Scientific input & guidance
- Propose & evaluate therapeutic targets & new biologies
- Completes assignments requiring an expert level knowledge of techniques and practices related to the research area
- Contribute to milestone/project documents
- Present results & may represent Novo Nordisk at external conferences
0-10% overnight travel required; May require international travel.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 8+ years relevant experience required. Advanced degree may be substituted for experience as appropriate
- Relevant required experience includes:
- Strong technical skills, including sterile cell culture technique
- Highly proficient in a wide-range of technical methods such as flow cytometry, live-cell imaging, and sequencing
- Significant knowledge of kidney function & disease & fibrosis &/or inflammation required; knowledge of fibrosis and/or inflammation is a plus
- Experience & knowledge concerning in vivo & in vitro models of cell function as defined by therapeutic area
- In vivo & in vitro models of kidney function, kidney disease, & fibrosis
- Experience working with human samples & primary cells preferred
- Experience in contributing significantly to drug and/or biomarker discovery and evaluation efforts including establishment of innovative methods to facilitate discovery and validation, preferred
- Fluency in spoken and written English is a prerequisite for the role
- Computer proficiency and the ability and desire to learn new software programs is required
- Good communication skills and cross-cultural understanding to interact in the global organization
- Previous experience in biopharmaceutical industry is a plus
- Strong analytical skills for integrating and interpreting interdisciplinary data
- Capable of working independently on highly complex tasks
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.