IQVIA Data Science Staffing Solutions (DSSS) department is looking for new statisticians to join our fast growing teams. We work with big pharmaceutical companies and in this role you would become a part of a client's team. You would be working in a cross functional environment with people located in different countries around the world. A perfect role for people seeking a high profile role.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Provides statistical methodology and project management support in the delivery of standard and custom studies.
- Applies appropriate methodology when implementing studies.
- Defines statistical design and methodology to meet client information needs, conducts statistical analyses to derive conclusions from the study, and identifies new opportunities for standard reports and for value-added analytics.
- Implements tactical study plans in answer to business questions, performs quantitative research, and provides written summaries of study results.
- Participates in selecting statistical methodology for use in the development and launch of new products.
- Gathers recommendations from others to develop research plans, identifying appropriate data sources and delivery options in meeting client information and analyses needs.
- May consult with clients in support of project delivery.
- Works on projects where independent judgment is used within generally defined procedures and practices.
- Coordinate the development of analysis plans, table shells, programming and table specifications, the production of tables, listings and figures, data review and statistical analysis.
- Perform protocol development, sample size calculation, protocol and CRF review.
- Advise data management staff on database design, and critical data. May advise on validation checks.
- Write statistical sections of integrated reports.
- Provide expert statistical input into and review of statistical deliverables (i.e. analysis plans, table shells, programming and table specifications, data review, tables, listings, figures and statistical sections for integrated reports) and data management deliverables (i.e. database design, validation checks and critical data).
- Act as statistical team lead for single complex studies or groups of studies.
- Understand the Scope of Work, budget and quote assumptions, estimate the work completed, manage scope, and provide revenue and resource forecasts for single studies. May manage project budget and resource requirements.
- Perform the review of RFPs and QIPs, prepare proposal text and attend bid defense meetings.
- Manage customer relationships.
- Provide training and guidance to lower level and new staff.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including grammatical/technical writing skills
- Excellent attention and accuracy with details
- In-depth knowledge of applicable clinical research regulatory requirements; i.e., Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) guidelines Familiarity with moderately complex statistical methods that apply to applicable clinical trials
- Strong individual initiative
- Strong organizing skills
- Strong working knowledge of SAS computing package
- Familiarity with other relevant statistical computing packages such as nQuery
- Strong commitment to quality
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and projects
- Ability to provide and accept direction of lead team members
- Ability to solve moderately complex problems
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
- Working knowledge of relevant Data Standards (such as CDISC/ADaM)
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
PhD in Biostatistics or related field and 3 year relevant experience / Master's degree in Biostatistics or related field and 6 years relevant experience / Bachelor's degree in Biostatistics or related field and 8 years relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Requires intermediate level knowledge of principles, theories, and concepts of a job area, typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible - to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.