About the Department
The BioPharm commercial team leads all US sales and marketing efforts for Novo Nordisk's biopharmaceutical portfolio, which includes innovative products in the hemophilia and growth disorders therapeutic classes and new products in the pipeline. As part of the team, you will have frontline exposure to our brand and marketing vision, business strategies, launch and lifecycle plans, and critical market insights that drive our business forward. At Novo Nordisk, we are the world leader in diabetes care and a major player in hemostasis management, growth hormone therapy and hormone replacement therapy. Within our BioPharm business unit, we use our skills, dedication and ambition to help people with growth and rare bleeding disorders, and we’re looking for individuals who want to do the same. In exchange, we offer the chance to be part of a highly specialized business in a global organization, where passion and engagement are met with opportunities for professional and personal development. Are you ready to realize your potential?
Accountable for implementation of Hemophilia patient marketing/business plans and the achievement of business objectives. Responsible for developing and implementing patient/caregiver marketing activities to help achieve brand goals. Contributes to overall plan of action (POA) call to action and develops relevant sales support materials and review training and communication needed to ensure successful uptake of key initiatives.
Reports to Director, Hemophilia Marketing and will work closely with other marketing Managers, Sales, Market Access, Commercial Operations, Insights and Analytics, Medical, Regulatory Affairs, Conventions, Global Marketing, Corporate Communications, Legal, etc. External relationships include customers, patients, caregiver and advocacy groups. Works extensively with professional services vendors.
- Identifies key customer needs, drivers, and barriers from a variety of sources (market research, etc.)
- Performs analyses on customer and market data to identify brand/channel opportunities
- Utilizes knowledge of competitor products, trends, and activities to create effective product differentiation which enhances brand plans, tactics, and product positioning
- Develop and maintain key contacts with different target audiences to fully understand marketplace dynamics
- Utilizes knowledge of the healthcare and pharmaceutical industry to generate insights, develop strategies and tactics
- Develops tactics in line with brand strategic focus and objectives
- Identifies opportunities for new and innovative promotional channels to communicate brand benefits to key customer groups
- Leads the development of promotional materials based on the brand messaging
- Develop and disseminate promotion and training programs, including coordination of involved external suppliers and agencies, and with input from sales and related stakeholders
- Implement marketing plan with promotional budget responsibility
- Implement promotional tactics within budget parameters
- Manage the advertising agency and promotional review system to implement overall campaign elements, educational, promotional and public relations programs
- Select and manage professional services to create effective programs to maximize return on investment
- This includes symposia, speakers programs, print and digital marketing materials
- Allocates resources based on the evaluation of business priorities, risks, timing and opportunities, and makes adjustments based on the progress of the project
- Builds and maintains trusting, collaborative relationships and alliances with others inside and outside of the organization, focused on addressing key business issues, objectives, and processes
- Plans and manages cross-functional teams or projects that are aligned with strategic objectives, using appropriate project management tools and techniques, and contingency and communication plans
- Oversees time and costs associated with activities to ensure vendor, agency or consultant estimates are realistic for agreed upon deliverables; and ensures reconciliation reports are completed
- Ensure the product strategies agreed upon are executed in a timely and efficient manner to meet the sales objectives
- Develops marketing campaigns that optimize claims and align with lifecycle management of the brand
- Identifies competitive threats and opportunities and develops marketing programs and projects to minimize risks and capitalize upon identified opportunities
- Identifies programs based on targeted disease state knowledge, and its impact on key customer segments
- Manages budgets to optimize the return on investment and impact
- Monitors metrics to ensure that all tactics are meeting brand objectives, develops new objectives, or makes modifications as necessary
30-40% overnight travel required.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required; an MBA degree is preferred
- A minimum of six (6) years in Sales and/or Brand Management/Marketing/related experience within the Pharmaceutical industry is required
- Ability to work on cross functional teams
- Planning, Execution and Follow-Up - effectively prioritizes and spends his/her time and the time of other on what is important
- Develops accurate short and long-term plans
- Excellent communication and project management skills to ensure timely execution and follow-up
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.