Requisition ID: MAR007518
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck's Animal Health (MAH) Division works to improve the health of animals around the world through collaborative partnerships and a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and planet. This team of energetic, independent thinkers offers one of the industry's most innovative portfolios of products, services, and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species both domestically and internationally.
We are seeking Senior Business Analyst in Marketing Operation to help transform Companion Animal & Equine organization to a data driven organization. Insights, strategic perspectives and recommendations from this individual will help the organization leverage data and digital analysis across the business unit to further reveal the value of our innovations and drive efficiencies across P&L.
As a data-driven expert in the team, this role will serve as an analytics partner using quantitative reporting and meaningful insight from data to help leader make better business decisions. This individual will be working cross-functionally with sales, marketing and commercial operations teams to facilitate continuous improvement efforts collaboratively with team and peers. Critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills to influence without authority and driving decision in a fast pace business are critical skills in this role.
• Gathers data from multiple sources, normalizes and analyzes those data providing Companion Animal & Equine business with unique data insights and processes to drive operational effectiveness and efficiency
• Collaborate with other business functions with data collection methods and centralization of data as well as extending current data sources with Third party data vendors
• Develop, track and analyze key performance indicators for marketing and selling programs.
• Provides ongoing business/operational metrics, developing predictive forecasting models, calculating business financial analytics and designing data needs for future business analytics.
• Collaborate with commercial teams to ensure alignment between business needs and solutions.
• Provide Business leads with operational metrics across multiple platforms/solutions and with trending and possible efficiencies
• Plan and coordinate multiple projects on tight timeline to support executive stakeholders
• Understands the value of process-centric and strategic approach to business analysis and change management.
• Self-starter and be able to handle multiple tasks and priorities in a matrix organization.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills balanced with a creative mindset
• Ability to communicate and influence effectively by visualizing and presenting data in a compelling way to present and influence at all organizational levels including peer level cross-functional teams as well as executive management.
• Strong project management, multi-tasking, and business planning skills; must be strategic and analytical thinker.
• Ability to work independently and within a team and direct the resolution of highly complex or unusual business problems
• An innovative spirit, can-do attitude and strong sense of customer service
Education Minimum Requirement:
• Required Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or MBA, Marketing, Data Science, Accounting, Finance, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science or Statistics
Required Experience and Skills**:
• Required minimum 6 years of work experience with data analysis and reporting to identify trends extract relevant insights and making strategic recommendations.
• Minimum 4 years of experience working cross-functionally with sales, marketing and R&D teams to facilitate continuous improvement efforts collaboratively with team and peers
Preferred Experience and Skills:
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Advanced Excel skills to develop models for predictive analytics from different data sources and visualize the data
• Understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms
• Experience with data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, MatLab
• Exposure to Big Data Analytics Tools like Hadoop
• Experience with data visualization tool like Spotfire or Business Objects
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Marketing Operations
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): N/A
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey