IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
This is an important and high-profile role within IQVIA. Project leaders are the people who lead the delivery of our studies bringing drugs to market faster and ultimately improving patients' lives. It is a role that requires you to liaise directly between IQVIA functions and the customer, acting as that accountable point for delivery and quality whilst maintaining financial control.
As a project leader you will manage cross functional teams across this global organization. You will be supported by domain experts in every function, enabled by best in class technology and data analytics. Key collaborators are the Clinical Lead for site management, the Project Management Analyst for project coordination, tracking and financial analysis, and the Site Activation Manager an expert in start-up. IQVIA's size and global footprint will present you with the breadth of opportunities necessary to develop your career.
While projects vary, your typical responsibilities might include:
- Serving as the primary project contact with the client
- Leading and managing cross-functional project teams
- Project status reporting and surveillance for risk
- Monitoring team performance against contract and client expectations and according to key performance metrics
- Leading problem solving including management of risk and issue resolution
- Developing or reviewing study management plans
- Managing team resource assignments and accountability
- Oversight of database management
- Ensuring compliance with study tools, training materials and standard processes, policies and procedures.
You will need to be comfortable collaborating and communicating with a variety of colleagues and clients. Ideally, you will also have some global experience and a pharmaceutical or CRO background.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- In depth knowledge of, and skill in applying, applicable clinical research regulatory requirements; i.e., Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) guidelines
- In depth therapeutic and protocol knowledge
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including good command of English language
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results to the appropriate quality and timeline metrics
- Good team leadership skills
- Effective mentoring and training skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good judgment
- Effective presentation skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Strong software and computer skills, including MS Office applications
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences or related field and 7 years' clinical research experience including 4 years' project management experience and experience in clinical operations; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers.
- Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech.
- Regular sitting for extended periods of time.
- May require occasional travel.
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.