Previous clinical trial experience with Alzheimer's Disease and Parkinson's Disease is preferred, CNS experience is required
This is an important and high-profile role within IQVIA. Project Leader's are the people who lead the delivery of our studies bringing drugs to market faster and ultimately improving patients' lives. It is a role that requires you to liaise directly between IQVIA functions and the customer, acting as that accountable point for delivery and quality whilst maintaining financial control.
As a project leader you will manage cross functional teams across this global organization. You will be supported by domain experts in every function, enabled by best in class technology and data analytics. Key collaborators are the Clinical Lead for site management, the Project Management Analyst for project coordination, tracking and financial analysis, and the Site Activation Manager an expert in start-up. IQVIA's size and global footprint will present you with the breadth of opportunities necessary to develop your career.
While projects vary, your typical responsibilities might include:
- Serving as the primary project contact with the client
- Leading and managing cross-functional project teams
- Project status reporting and surveillance for risk
- Monitoring team performance against contract and client expectations and according to key performance metrics
- Leading problem solving including management of risk and issue resolution
- Developing or reviewing study management plans
- Managing team resource assignments and accountability
- Oversight of database management
- Ensuring compliance with study tools, training materials and standard processes, policies and procedures.
You will need to be comfortable collaborating and communicating with a variety of colleagues and clients. Ideally, you will also have some global experience and a pharmaceutical or CRO background.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- In depth knowledge of, and skill in applying, applicable clinical research regulatory requirements; i.e., Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) guidelines
- In depth therapeutic and protocol knowledge
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including good command of English language
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results to the appropriate quality and timeline metrics
- Good team leadership skills
- Effective mentoring and training skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good judgment
- Effective presentation skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Strong software and computer skills, including MS Office applications
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences or related field and 7 years' clinical research experience including 4 years' project management experience and experience in clinical operations; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers.
- Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech.
- Regular sitting for extended periods of time.
- May require occasional travel.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible - to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.