Join us on our exciting journey! IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
Job Title: Senior Consultant, Oncology Specialism
Department: Real World Insights (RWI)
Location: London, United Kingdom
Reporting Line: Engagement Manager, RWI
Experience: Established relevant career
Job ID: R1068185
Who are we?
IQVIA's RWI experts deliver deep insights derived from statistical analyses of healthcare data through direct access to the world's most comprehensive healthcare information, analytic and research resources. We are a fast-growing and highly successful consultancy team, focused on delivering tangible business results to our clients, most of whom are key decision-makers and business managers across the international pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
Our clients operate in the life sciences industry, including the global top 20 pharmaceutical, medical device and biotech companies, as well as public health providers and regulatory authorities. They are seeking insight and evidence around the safety, clinical efficacy and cost-effectiveness of health care delivery systems, medical devices, and pharmaceutical products spanning the full spectrum of therapeutic and disease areas.
Our RWI team is made up of multi-disciplinary professionals, representing a variety of epidemiology-related disciplines from around the globe, that specialise in cutting edge and innovative analysis of healthcare data. Our diverse mix of clients, the breadth of disease areas, as well as the increasing access to novel data sources and methodologies, provide a constant and rewarding challenge for our team.
Senior Consultants in our Client Engagement team are central to delivering insights and evidence generated from Real World Data to our clients. They own and deliver work independently, ensuring that high quality, thoroughly scoped outputs are delivered on time and within budget. Depending on the nature and scale of the work, this may involve leading a project, or leading defined streams of work within a larger programme. We are seeking experienced professionals with a scientific background who have likewise demonstrated a strong track record within health and life sciences consulting; who are looking to further their career while demonstrating scientific passion and creativity; and who seek to develop new solutions and services, support business development activity and deliver projects to the highest quality.
We create a collaborative environment for our team members. We expect Senior Consultants to be self-sufficient, however they are supported by a group of Engagement Managers and Principals who provide industry-leading perspectives and innovative approaches, as well as technical experts in epidemiology, programming, and statistics.
For this specific role, we are seeking an individual to contribute to the development of IQVIA's real world oncology data offerings and lead client engagements leveraging these innovative assets. To that end, we are particularly interested to hear from candidates who have experience working with oncology clinical trial data or secondary data from oncology datasets (e.g. CAS, cancer registries). Candidates would benefit from a strong understanding of oncology biomarkers, treatments and clinical care settings. Exposure to genomics related work would also be relevant.
- Planning, organising and managing all aspects of project delivery (scope, quality, resources, risk and timelines) to successfully complete specific project goals and objectives
- Providing day-to-day leadership to project teams of scientists to execute high quality research and analysis on time and within budget
- Acting as primary client contact for operational project questions, developing relationship through face-to-face discussions, workshops, telephone and email contact
- Preparing and facilitating decision making on project related questions, internally as well as with clients
- Designing, structuring and delivering client reports and presentations
- Coordinating the development of detailed technical documents (e.g. RWE Study Protocols and Statistical Analysis Plans), working closely with scientific experts
- Managing the project quality assurance process ensuring that relevant tasks are satisfactorily completed by required stakeholders
- Proactively identifying project related delivery risks and suggesting and implementing mitigating actions
- Interpreting real world insights in the context of the client's strategic objectives
- Recommending improvements and alternative solutions to resolve client challenges
- Identifying new business opportunities for follow-on work
- Supporting broader business development activities
- Contributing to the development of novel RWI offerings as well as other internal initiatives
- Raising the external profile of IQVIA RWI by attending conferences, organising webinars, and attending recruitment events
Skills, Experience & Education Required:
- For this role we would be particularly interested to hear from proven ability to manage multiple engagements of varying difficulty, scale and competing priorities
- Experience in planning and conducting projects using good project management practices
- Demonstrable track record managing and coaching on-site and off-site project teams consisting of technical experts
- Problem-solving attitude, anticipating issues early, analysing, interpreting and solving them proactively
- Curiosity about developing and interpreting new insights, and ability to articulate the added value these bring to life sciences clients
- Demonstrable ability to engage and establish lasting working relationships with a wide range of internal and external, scientific as well as commercial stakeholders effectively
- Excellent conversational and business English (written and oral), demonstrated via: storyboarding / slide development, report writing, meeting and workshop facilitation, timely and appropriately informative escalation, and presentation skills
- Applied knowledge of consulting methodologies, tools and techniques
- Familiarity with key issues and current developments in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries
- Master's Degree, preferably in a relevant and / or numerate subject such e.g. life sciences, chemistry, engineering etc.
The extra mile:
- A PhD in life sciences or related discipline is desirable
- Extensive experience in healthcare consulting / experience in life science industry ideally as a management consultant or within academia is desirable
- Experience in oncology related datasets and clinical care management
You will be contacted by one of our recruiters to arrange a prescreen call should your background be relevant for this opportunity who will be able to give you more information on this team and the opportunity and also explain the assessment process to you for this role.
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes. Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there! We invite you to join IQVIA™
Job ID: R1068185