You're driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn't cut it - you've got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you're known for your good nature. You'll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
This role can be based in New York City, Boston or Somerset NJ.
You'll join The Commercial Advisory Group within Syneos Health Consulting. You will help clients maximize the commercial value of their assets, portfolio, and organization while building excellence in the commercial organization. You will also help companies market and sell more effectively in an environment increasingly dominated by third-party payers. More specifically:A Senior Consultant is an experienced management consultant with the ability to manage day-to-day project operations and to create high-quality project materials and client deliverables (including organizational, portfolio, and asset-specific recommendations) for client engagements autonomously and with minimal direction.
Builds positive working relationships with clients, consulting staff, managers, leadership, and internal support teams.
Significantly contributes to the overall cross-functional management of projects, at both the client organization, as well as internally at Syneos Health. Understands, communicates, and maintains project scope, approach, budget, resource allocations, and timelines.
Accountable for project activities and leverages internal tools and tracking systems to ensure project objectives, milestones, and timelines are met efficiently and effectively. Must be able to quickly adapt to changing priorities to achieve goals and targets.
- Establishes a trusted advisor relationship with the client through personableness, trust, credibility, and reliability.
- Strategically identifies and evaluates relevant secondary research data sources (analytically and scientifically based). Using research from competitive pipelines, company websites, prescribing information, epidemiology information, and syndicated reports, a Senior Consultant summarizes complex industry, market, client portfolio, and product data and trends in a clear and comprehensive manner.
- Drives the development of discussion guides for primary interviews (internal and external) with minimal oversight.
- Demonstrated proficiency in navigating the management consulting cycle of creating project deliverables, quality checking work, reviewing with project management/leadership, incorporating edits and feedback, and resubmitting work pieces for deliverable inclusion in a timely, efficient manner.
- Demonstrates a strategic and systematic decision-making approach to communicating data through text, graphics, images, and/or other communication choices.
- Designs and builds a compelling, structured, and logical storyboard with minimal oversight.
- Leverages critical thinking and problem-solving skills to recommend creative ideas based on data analysis, personal experience, and industry best practices.
- Uses multiple applications for creating analytics and reporting capabilities (SAS, VB, Symphony Health)
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA or graduate degree in business or life sciences (highly preferred)
- Experience in consulting and/or biopharmaceutical work required
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Ability to assess client needs, problem solve, and deliver clear and compelling strategic recommendations
- Must possess strong analytical skills and the ability to think critically and creatively on engagements
- Strong business acumen required
- Experience in research and data analysis (e.g., organization of sources, data processing, analysis, and quality checking accuracy for pre-defined problems)
- Proficiency with PowerPoint and Excel required
- Excel: High to expert level with VBA coding familiarity
- Preference for someone who can run SAS.
- Prior experience with analysing patient-level claims data required
- Demonstrated attention to detail required
- Ability to develop relevant client deliverables autonomously required
- Strong presentation and meeting facilitation skills required
- Effective and professional communication skills (verbal, interpersonal, and written) required
- Exceptional collaboration skills and the ability to work in cross-functional teams
- The drive for self-development and an action-oriented work ethic
- Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, and problem solving skills
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Here, you're a part of the big picture. We work hand in hand to guide pre-market development through post-market commercial strategy. Knowledge sharing across advisory groups unlocks the innovation and unique strategies our end-to-end commercialization projects require. Our collaborative mindset means every project is a chance to solve a new challenge, learn from your teammates, become better-rounded, and evolve your career.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate biopharmaceutical commercialization?
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)