IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
IQVIA is seeking a high performing Global Portfolio Head to lead the Rare Disease sub-unit within our Internal Medicine global business unit. This person would be a key member of the Internal Medicine department leadership team. The role would offer a high level of exposure within the organization and opportunity for future growth!
• Portfolio value approaching $400M
• Portfolio reaching 100+ projects across 30+ unique clients
• Management and development of nearly 100 global project leaders and line
managers (direct and indirect reports)
• Must have a demonstrated track record of success in the following areas:
o Growth & Business Development
o Hiring & Resource Management
o Line Management & Strategic Leadership
o Metrics Compliance
o Client Management
o Quality Delivery
o Portfolio Innovation
• Manage staff in accordance with organization's policies and applicable regulations. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and guiding professional development; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems. Approve actions on human resources matters
• Actively provide guidance and review of the scope of work, objectives, timelines, quality of deliverables, and other clinical project management activities for studies and programs.
• Coach and mentor employees around project planning, project review, risk management and problem solving to ensure global alignment of work practices across the team through the adoption and use of all process and technology tools and improvements by employees.
• Work with the clinical project managers to ensure that project budget(s) meet financial and company goals (realization targets), with a focus on proactively ensuring adherence to change control processes.
• Obtain and provide regular feedback to employees from other clinical project team members and key stakeholders to assist in personal and professional development. May attend project team meeting and site visits in order to support development needs. Identify skill and competency gaps at the individual level and work to craft development plans that will close the gaps
• Proactively manage and mitigate resourcing, project and/or individual needs risks with other management and leadership team member. in order to manage study issues and obstacles.
• Act as a key relationship manager for assigned clients; recommend courses of action regarding client management issues; ensure that plans are implemented following approval by senior management.
• Working with individual staff to identify any quality issues within the study and coaching on resolution of issues, including implementation of corrective action plans and escalation.
• May act as point of contact or oversight for specific customers or programs.
• Provide technical expertise and clinical project management experience to project management and training and process improvement efforts.
• Serve as a project management liaison with other groups within IQVIA.
• Provide consultation to clients on drug development process, strategy, and plans as needed.
• Participate in function and/or corporate initiatives, special project assignments, and as a client liaison or departmental cross-functional liaison.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• In depth knowledge of, and skill in applying, applicable clinical research regulatory requirements; i.e., Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) guidelines
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including good command of English language
• Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
• Effective team-management skills
• Proven ability to work through others to deliver results to the appropriate quality and timeline metrics
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
Job ID: R1099842