Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for cardiovascular diseases, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a \"Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology,\" Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
• This person will coordinate the global payer and pricing/reimbursement strategy and tactics for the assigned asset and will partner with the regional market access teams, HEOR & RWE and Commercial teams to develop winning value proposition for the asset across its multiple indications and life cycle, and to maximize the value of the asset for DS.
• As per life cycle progress, this individual will lead and develop a small team of global PRA individuals that will support the PRA strategies and tactics of the multiple indications as they materialize.
• This individual will be a key member of the cross-functional asset teams and is expected to make strong contribution to the brand strategy and ensure timely and proper access input.
• He/she will be responsible for close collaboration with the Global HEOR & RWE Lead to assess, define and set the pricing and access strategy and value propositions.
- Develops and provides the strategic framework for the global pricing, reimbursement and access guidance for the assigned asset.
- Responsibilities cover early, pre-launch to post-launch stages for the assigned asset.
- Interfaces with global, regional and key country teams including PRA, HEOR & RWE and commercial on matters of pricing, reimbursement & access and its subsequent alignment with regional counterparts.
- Leads all required PRA activities and is responsible for the PRA plan and develops winning value propositions and effective payer communication plans for preparation of the launches
- Key member to present and seek input from senior leadership on pricing and access strategies
- Coordinates Price governance for the assigned asset.
- Coordinates the activities and approvals by the Global Pricing Committee for pricing strategy & price approvals.
- Establishes price guidance and corridors in collaboration with regions and key countries, including evaluation of Innovative Value Strategies and contracting
- Sets the launch sequence for the assigned asset across all regions, and works closely together with Pricing Operations and Analytics for simulations and impact calculations (IRP, trade etc.)
- Interfaces with the key DS regions on matters of PRA processes and policies in key markets and impact on assigned asset
- Provides timely access input into the LCM & commercial plans
- Provides input to Clinical on trial design & comparators to support optimal access and reimbursement.
- Leads in obtaining feedback on clinical trials schema from payers and KOLs to optimize the data package to support the reimbursement filings in key markets.
- Leads in the development of the Access Strategy, Payer Value Proposition, and payer toolkit to support launch and label expansion of the assigned asset.
- Provides pricing inputs Brand planning, portfolio review, forecasting, strategic planning processes and DP1, DP2, & DP3 stages.
- Develops and leads a team of PRA individuals, responsible for launches
- Acts as a trusted team lead and coach
- Ensures best-in class knowledge and expertise by fostering a culture of training and learning, both on the job and by external training and learning opportunities
- Actively contributes to an environment of cross-functional education on market access topics across Daiichi-Sankyo
- Effectively represents DS at major external agency meetings, including payer Ad Boards, internal workshops, and conferences.
- Partners with Regional and Global stakeholders to provide as needed innovative pricing and reimbursement approaches & needs, based on value delivered by the asset.
- Establishes and promotes positive and highly productive working partnerships with Commercial, R&D and Regional colleagues to ensure timely coordination of activities to drive delivery of plans and programs and drive payer excellence
- Effectively collaborates with Alliance partners
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in economics, health policy, health economics, pharmaceutical sciences, or other relevant qualification
- Previous direct experience with pre- and post-launch Market Access and Pricing planning and strategy building required
- Fluency in English required
- 7 or More Years of progressive relevant experience acquired at pharmaceutical companies, Payer/HTA, physician associations or relevant consultancy companies in a multi-national context: cross- country experience or commensurate experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience with developing global pricing and access strategy preferred
- Strong knowledge of US and Global (at minimum, Europe) reimbursement environment (private and government) preferred
- Deep Knowledge of pricing and reimbursement schemes and payer archetypes in different areas of the world preferred
- Experience in leading a team preferred
- Good understanding of the basics of HEOR preferred
- Solid understanding of clinical trial designs and drug development process preferred
- Experience in BD assessments, and development of payer value tools preferred
- Excellent knowledge of pricing market research tools, methodologies, and analytics preferred
- Recent experience of launching global Oncology product(s), experience with multi-indication products and/or pricing of combination treatments is an asset preferred
Ability to travel up to 30%
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.