About the Department
Imagine being a part of a team committed to helping people defeat diabetes and other serious chronic conditions. Here at Novo Nordisk, we seek out opportunities to contribute to healthier communities and better lives for all people. And, that’s what you’ll gain by joining Novo Nordisk’s Human Resources team. Our HR team is passionate about their purpose – enabling business success the Novo Nordisk Way by turning the Company’s business strategy into an actionable workforce strategy. A strategy which captures the entire employee life-cycle. At Novo Nordisk, you will join an inclusive team of diverse talent and benefit from a range of possibilities for professional and personal development. Are you ready?
The purpose of the role is to establish and lead a highly effective organization that will deliver local/regional People & Organization (P&O) services throughout the full range of employee life cycle support. This role drives continuous improvement in productivity for the overall service delivery, while being able to retain experienced employees, as well as drive seamless transition of processes and tasks to the Global Service Center (GSC) in Bangalore. As this is a leadership role, the incumbent will build a strong team of engaged employees with the right skills and behaviors to deliver consistent and high-quality services. The unit will mirror the Center of Excellence (COE) structure and will also operate as a “P&O contact center”.
The complexity of the tasks for this role are significant as this entails developing solutions that cut across EVP areas, hence solid stakeholder management and persuasion skills are key to establishing well-anchored P&O processes with clear roles and responsibilities. The leader will seek inspiration both internally as well as externally in the region under his/her responsibility and bring viable ideas and suggestions to colleagues in the other GPOS areas as well as COEs.
This leader will report into the Corporate Vice President of Global P&O Services and represent the Global P&O Services area within the US/North American Region, and will constitute as stand in for the CVP of GPOS within this region. Theywill represent P&O in interactions with the country/regional key stakeholders, global NN P&O stakeholders and NN Line of Business (LoB) at all organizational levels. Furthermore, the leader will represent Novo Nordisk when engaging with local external vendors.
The role has regional responsibility to drive effective delivery of P&O services as well as transitioning of tasks to the GSC, and will be the single point of responsibility for the effective delivery of P&O services for the US/North American region. The role is highly influential and will be directly involved in both defining and implementing the P&O processes in collaboration with the respective GPOS areas, CoEs and HRBPs. They will advise and guide the Global P&O Management team on effective execution of operational P&O tasks, present progress and status. They will provide regular updates to Global P&O Services Management on progress, recommendations presentations, risk evaluation, & action planning. They will follow CoE guidance regarding processes, global KPIs and standards, while at the same time channel relevant input collected from LoB customers to the CoEs. They will also ensure process alignment with COEs and give input around global improvements.
- Build an effective and engaged service delivery organization. With the outset in the existing services being delivered across the different EVP areas in the Country/region, it is the responsibility for the incumbent to organize the delivery of these tasks as efficiently as possible and drive towards standardization/optimization in collaboration with the whole GPOS group.
- Deliver high quality and cost-effective services for all relevant core processes. Ensure tasks are being delivered in a timely manner and the quality of the delivery is high and consistent.
- Ensure full resource utilization: As unit cost will be a KPI for all GPOS units, the incumbent will be responsible for ensuring optimal utilization of resources by monitoring and proactively optimizing tasks per employee in order to ensure ongoing efficiency gains. Responsible for identifying processes for RPA (Robotic Process Automation) and contributing to maturing automation solutions to help drive overall productivity.
- Ensure effective collaboration with all COEs: The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring effective collaboration with the CoEs, by bringing forward input/feedback from the customers and thereby support the strengthening of the global standards defined by the CoEs.
- Improve customer experience: Proactively monitor the service delivery and collect input aimed at improving user experience with the goal of making the services as simple and agile as possible.
- The Head of the Regional P&O Service Center will have a high level of autonomy and authority to make decisions within the agreed regional scope, budget and timeframe.
Up to 30% overnight, domestic travel required during first year; some overseas travel, as-needed. Less than 20% overnight travel required thereafter.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in Human Resource Management and/or equivalent preferred.
- 12+ years of global leadership/management experience with solid experience in project management and process optimization. Formal process optimization training/certification (i.e, cLEAN® training/certification or equivalent) highly preferred. Extensive experience leading operational teams required.
- Solid business understanding. Understanding of the pharma industry is an advantage, but not a must.
- Excellent understanding of all core HR disciplines and preferably HR experience across multiple disciplines (i.e., HRBP, Talent Management, Total Rewards, HRIT, etc.)
- Excellent understanding of different HR service delivery models
- Must be highly skilled and experienced in HR Information Technology.
- Customer-centric mind-set with high focus on quality and seamless delivery
- Strong leadership skills and ability to make tough decisions (i.e. cost-cutting)
- Strong stakeholder management and change management skills
- Ability to lead through others and create followership
- Entrepreneurial skills combined with an ability to see challenges as opportunities
- Strong interpersonal, coaching and communication skills
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, negotiating, and decision-making skills
- Ability to multitask by managing multiple and/or conflicting priorities
- Able to work effectively in a high-pressure environment and consistently meet key deadlines
- Strong personal drive and ownership and ability to drive change across cultures
- Service minded, positive and proactive
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Requisition ID: 59275BR
Job Category: Human Resources