Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Senior Director, Hem/Onc Marketing will play a key role within the Business Unit - leading the commercial efforts for our secondary acute myeloid leukemia (sAML) drug - VYXEOS. VYXEOS was the first chemotherapy advance in over forty years for sAML patients (launched in late 2017), and is an increasingly important drug in our product portfolio. The candidate will be responsible for leading a cross-functional team brand team - setting and driving a clear vision and purpose, inspiring and motivating the team, and successfully achieving organizational objectives. The candidate will help drive product adoption within FDA-approved indication(s) as well as play a critical role in developing short and long term strategic plans. This individual will take a primary role working with a cross-functional leadership team to implement the strategic plan while remaining committed to the Jazz Pharmaceuticals' values. This position will report to the Vice President of Hem/Onc Marketing.
This individual will:
- Define and execute the US marketing strategy. (e.g. positioning, messaging, branding, medical education programs, market research); Lead and align cross-functional teams through successful execution
- Develop/communicate a compelling vision and sense of purpose for the brand team; work collaboratively to formulate long-range and mid-term strategies; demonstrate courage in advancing new, innovative ideas; champion change initiatives to enhance organizational performance
- Contribute to and disseminate understanding of trends, issues and strategies in the market to stake holders
- Help lead, coach, and manage the marketing team
- Manage and enhance internal and external relationships with colleagues, thought leaders, strategic business partners and vendors
- Determine access and managed markets strategy in collaboration with Access team members
- Partner with Sales Training to develop comprehensive training plan
- Attract, hire, coach, and develop key talent to help maintain a high-performing marketing team
- Work with commercial operations to design market research initiatives, develop professional advisory boards and evaluate third party market data to generate a deeper understanding of customer / market needs
- Focus on ensuring business plans and tactics meet compliance and regulatory standards
- Review and assess US performance, sales and commercial supply forecasts and annual plans; manage the brand P&L
- Collaborate with sales teams to identify best practices and uncover needs/ trends and build relationships to improve consistency of brand strategy execution
- Establish clear roles, responsibilities, objectives and metrics for team members
- Ensures compliance with company and regulatory policies and requirements
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 10+ years of commercial experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry, with significant in-line marketing experience
- 5+ years of oncology experience required
- 3+ years of direct and recent experience in the AML market preferred
- Sales experience preferred
- Launch experience of multiple brands preferred
- Commercial management experience required (manager of manager experience preferred)
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and demonstrated cross-functional leadership
- Team oriented individual with solid communication skills including significant experience presenting to senior management and large audiences.
- Must demonstrate good judgement and evidence of good analytical, problem solving, strategic thinking, planning, and project management skills.
- Acts decisively and independently: has confidence and ability to provide clear direction and make decisions (strategic & tactical) without guidance or affirmation (but knows when to inform/seek leadership buy-in)
- Approximately 30-40% travel is required.
- The position is located in the Palo Alto, CA
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Bachelor's Degree (life sciences or a related discipline a plus)
- MBA (preferred)
Description of Work Environment
- Frequent interactions with external contacts in their office environment
- Frequent computer laptop or tablet use
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of "normal" work hours, in order to meet business demands
- Frequent public contact requiring appropriate business apparel
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.