Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Sr. Director IT, G&A and Technical Operations is responsible for partnering with the Technical Operations, Finance, HR, legal and other G&A functions to identify, develop and sustain capabilities necessary for execution of corporate strategy and objectives.
- Establish strategic governance process that integrates corporate strategy, functional strategies, and IT strategy to drive investment plans
- Collaborate with G&A and Technical Operations teams to develop their functional strategies and identify the most critical capability gaps
- Develop and execute plan for building IT organizational capabilities and operating model (workforce planning, organizational design, roles, process, technology)
- Provides exceptional leadership, coaching, mentorship for teams under his/her direct responsibility as well as throughout the IT organization
- Develops and maintains Technical Operations and G&A IT teams with the appropriate mix of business knowledge, technical skills and other key competencies. Balances the need for growing the agility required to achieve critical business objectives while ensuring the core IT functions are reliable, stable and efficient
- Develops and manages annual IT priorities, operating and capital expenditure budget for the G&A and Technical Operations functions to ensure the investment is consistent with corporate strategic objectives and is within plan
- Leads and oversees a team responsible for IT G&A and Technical Operations
- Identifying and depicting investments to address critical capability gaps, prioritizing investments and developing roadmaps
- Managing process, application and data architecture/design for a broad landscape of inter-connected systems
- Design, delivery and operation of IT applications and reporting systems
- Compliance, operational assurance and information security
- As a member of the IT Leadership team, plays a large role in the execution of overall IT strategy, organizational development and operating model
- Actively stays abreast of external innovation and best practices; creates awareness and seeks opportunities which could have significant contribution to corporate and functional objectives
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 10 plus years in IT leadership roles with 6 plus years in the pharmaceutical industry and/or optimizing an ERP platform and reporting systems for creating globally efficient operations
- Very strong leadership, coaching, mentoring and talent development skills
- Strong business acumen and understanding of the business and IT capabilities required for developing, manufacturing and supply of pharmaceutical products
- Ability to effectively communicate, influence, drive change and instill confidence with key business stakeholders at all levels
- Proven experience effectively managing an IT function and governance for a global business operation
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, planning, communication and execution skills.
- Good working knowledge of SAP ERP platform for finance, supply and manufacturing is desired
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Bachelor degree in business, IT or pharmaceutical related area; MBA is a plus
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.