IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
Manage an assigned team of epidemiology and outcomes research staff who lead or support sponsored research programs to ensure quality, time and budget deliverables are met. Work closely with global clients and other functional groups by providing epidemiology and outcomes research leadership for observational research on the natural history of disease and comparative safety, effectiveness and cost of medical treatment. Design methodologically sound studies to meet project objectives and regulatory and payer requirements. Conduct and supervise analyses, evaluation and reporting of studies.
- Manages staff in accordance with organization's policies and applicable regulations. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and guiding professional development; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems, and helping the department achieve its quality and finance goals.
- Serves as project lead on client facing or internal projects.
- Authors protocols, reports and other study documents with independent, critical thinking to ensure quality and completeness of output, oversees timeline for deliverables associated with analysis and reporting.
- Reviews and provides relevant epidemiological and outcomes research input to statistical analysis plans and analysis output.
- Reviews and provides epidemiology and outcomes research input for tasks including CRF/eCRF development, form previews and other ad hoc project tasks (e.g., regulatory responses, slide deck development).
- Independently generates content and direction for business development proposals.
- Interacts with clients as warranted.
- Provides review for work of peers and junior staff in areas including observational study methods, statistical methods, safety and pharmocovigilance, the selection of instruments and clinical measures to achieve objectives, and sources and measures for resource utilization and costing.
- Identifies client-related, budget-related and internal issues that may require attention or escalation.
- Contributes to intra- and interdepartmental process improvement to achieve "best practices" and to support effective delivery and quality of deliverables.
- Helps to define and provide appropriate levels of professional development and training for staff.
- Uses best efforts to complete work with available budget.
- Represents Quintiles externally through conference presentations.
- May oversee or conduct statistical analysis as needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to design, plan and conduct observational studies of comparative effectiveness, safety and cost.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and presentation skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients in a global and matrixed environment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet Explorer.
- Must be highly organized and self-motivated with ability to determine and meet objectives.
- Ability and interest in managing and supporting the development of one or more junior team members.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree + 10 years relevant education and experience required; Masters Degree in public health, epidemiology, outcomes research, health economics or a relevant scientific field and 8 years relevant experience or PhD and 5 years relevant experience preferred.
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
Job ID: R1013812