Vir Biotechnology is a commercial-stage immunology company focused on combining immunologic insights with cutting-edge technologies to treat and prevent serious infectious diseases. Vir has assembled four technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and enhance the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Its current development pipeline consists of product candidates targeting COVID-19, hepatitis B virus, influenza A and human immunodeficiency virus. For more information, please visit www.vir.bio .
We believe the success of our colleagues drives the success of our Mission. We have an ongoing commitment to creating a company passionate about equality, inclusion, and respect. When everyone feels supported and encouraged to give at their best, we will collectively deliver outstanding results.
The Senior Associate, Equity Program Administrator will be responsible for end-to-end administration of Vir's equity programs including our ESPP, stock option and RSU programs.
This position will report to the Sr. Corporate Paralegal Manager on Vir's legal team and will work closely with Vir's legal, finance and human resource teams to facilitate all equity award transaction processing, database maintenance and equity reporting.
You are an equity professional that enjoys deep diving into the details to best support our equity program participants make the most of their awards. You collaborate effectively with multiple cross-functional internal and external teams such as legal, HR, finance, payroll, brokers, and transfer agents to administer our world-class equity programs. You are personable, considerate, articulate, self-driven, well-organized, detail-oriented, and reliable. You are excited by equity awards!
RESPONSIBILITIES AND LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES:
- Administer Vir's equity award programs end to end, including the maintenance of accurate equity information in E*TRADE's Equity Edge platform
- Process all necessary equity award transactions such as processing of new awards, option exercises, RSU releases with sell to cover, ESPP enrollments and purchases, award cancellations, etc.)
- Ensure compliance with governing regulations and corporate policies
- Perform routine data audits using Excel to ensure accurate processing
- Partner with Payroll to ensure accurate and timely tax withholding and reporting to taxing authorities
- Prepare and review SEC filings such as Section 16 Forms, 8-Ks and annual proxy statements
- Ensure insider trading policy compliance, monitor open/closed trading windows and participate in pre-clearance request processing
- Partner with Vir's transfer agent, brokers and other external consultants to best support equity programs
- Prepare annual Section 6039 reporting and IRS filing
- Maintain and update desktop and SOX procedures for successful equity program administration
- Serve as key participant in quarterly and annual equity audit processes
- Prepare ad-hoc reports for finance, payroll, HR and legal as necessary
- Communicate plan provisions to employees and resolve employee issues or concerns as appropriate
- Respond to Equity team emails and maintain Equity team Outlook calendar with key events and deadlines
- Provide outstanding customer service to Vir's employees and non-employee stockholders
- Assist with special projects as needed
QUALIFICAIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree and 5+ years in public company equity award administration
- Strong Excel skills
- Passed Level II Certified Equity Professional (CEP) exam, or in process of sitting for exam
- Proficiency with E*TRADE's Equity Edge
- Advanced analytical ability, attention to detail, and strong organizational skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with a diverse group of individuals including various levels of management
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
- Excellent interpersonal skills with high initiative, flexibility, and team approach to work.
- Acute understanding of confidentiality and handling sensitive information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
This role may be performed remotely if VIR can support remote work arrangements in the state where you currently reside. This includes most states within the US. If you move forward in the hiring process, VIR recruiters will discuss options with you.
Vir's compensation and benefits are aligned with the current market and commensurate with the person's experience and qualifications. All full-time employees receive a package that includes: compensation, bonus and equity as well as many other Vir benefits and perks such as: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, non-accrual paid time off, company shut down for holidays, commuter benefits, child care reimbursement, education reimbursement, 401K match and lunch for all lab essential personnel!
Vir is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact Human Resources to request accommodation.
Vir Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.