Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
- Partner with budget owners to provide monthly reports and operational analyses to help manage the budget and improve forecasting accuracy.
- Assist in the annual budget process and the quarterly forecast process to help deliver on corporate objectives across all commercial business units.
- Prepares and develops drafts of quarterly forecasts and annual budget, including P&L, headcount, expenses using BPC planning system and incorporates review changes of both financial and operating management.
- Prepares variance analysis for each planning cycle and management reporting schedules under direction of FP&A Associate Director and Senior Finance Manager.
- Support Accounting on the month end and quarter end close processes, including accruals, reconciliations, pre-paid etc.
- Maintain detailed financial models that track and analyze functional costs and their impact on the company's overall performance.
- Assist in the development of dashboards and reports for trending and analysis of specific business objectives and processes.
- Review contracts and PRs to ensure financial requirements.
- Performs ad hoc analysis and forecasts for internal management team and external customers as requested.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- A minimum two years post qualification experience with financial planning and analysis and/or experience working in the pharmaceuticals industry and knowledge of the accounting practices preferred. Prior experience with accruals a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills; ability to work with a diverse team.
- Analytical skills with deep attention to detail.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Able to work under pressure and can act with a sense of urgency and understands the need for business responsiveness.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Excel and Power Point.
- Knowledge of the accounting practices and prior experience with accruals a preferred.
- Financial modeling experience and financial database systems skills/knowledge (SAP BPC, Hyperion Planning, Microsoft Dynamics AX, or similar) a plus.
- Bachelor's degree required; Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or Science discipline preferred.
- MBA and/or CPA preferred.
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of "normal" work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.