About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, we are helping to improve the quality of life for millions of people worldwide. For more than 100 years, we have led the way in diabetes care. Being part of Novo Nordisk allows our employees to embark on life-changing careers, and the opportunity to help improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world.
In NC, we operate three pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities that are responsible for fulfilling different steps in our injectable and oral treatment supply chains. Our newer Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) facility in Clayton, NC sits on 825,000 square-feet of state-of-the-art equipment, and houses the Fermentation, Recovery and Purification in the production of ingredients for Novo Nordisk’s innovative oral products. At API, you’ll join a global network of manufacturing professionals who are passionate about what they do.
What we offer you:
- Leading pay and annual performance bonus for all positions
- All employees enjoy generous paid time off including 14 paid holidays
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance – effective day one
- Guaranteed 8% 401K contribution plus individual company match option
- Family Focused Benefits including 12 weeks paid parental & 6 weeks paid family medical leave
- Free access to Novo Nordisk-marketed pharmaceutical products
- Tuition Assistance – reimbursement up to $10,000 annually
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Employee Referral Awards
At Novo Nordisk, you will find opportunities, resources, and mentorship to help grow and build your career. Are you ready to realize your potential? Join Team Novo Nordisk and help us make what matters.
Serve as a core member of the EHS team. Provide direct support as liaison to one or more operations areas, provide guidance & coaching to other EHS team members & site operations leadership, provide subject matter expertise on numerous EHS aspects in accordance with education & experience, & the skill & ability to serve as DAPI US CVP Partner to the DAPI organization.
- Key resource to all areas with execution of OSHA process safety management (PSM) regulations (process technology, PHA, management of change, incident investigation, etc.)
- Provide expert guidance on chemical hazards, including materials compatibility, chemical interactions, & suitable safeguards from said hazards, such as appropriate PPE
- Consult on engineering designs as they pertain to safety & provide relevant input into the required safety features (materials of construction, relief devices, emergency stops, inherently safer design, etc.)
- Execute & coach others on execution of risk assessment methodologies (What-if, HAZOP, FMEA), as well as layer of protection analysis (LOPA)
- Develop & share knowledge & experience with various life safety functions & systems (work permitting, LOTO, fall protection, safety interlocks systems, PPE, etc.)
- Lead obtaining & maintaining ISO 45001 certification consistent with the overall DAPI organization
- Serve as leader & knowledge sharer of EHS associates within CVP area. Collaborate & share best practices freely with other CVP partners within DAPI, SVP Environmental Partner, & PS EHS
- Serve as an SME on various levels of safety audits & incident investigations
- Ensure that psycho-social aspects of health & safety are being recognized & addressed (lead health & wellness efforts) working closely to P&O organization
- Collaborate, share best practices & make recommendations freely with other CVP & SVP partners within DAPI & PS EHS
- Communicate effectively to all levels of the organization, both orally & written
- Other accountabilities, as assigned
- BA/BS degree in engineering, chemistry, biology, environmental science, or related field
- Minimum fifteen (15) years of experience with chemical or API process engineering
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience with PSM regulated high hazard operations or with environmental permitting & compliance at all levels (F, S, M)
- Extensive working knowledge & practical experience with life safety systems (LOTO, Hot Work, Confined Space, Line Break, etc.)
- Expert understanding of chemical hazards & the OSHA PSM standards
- Prior experience with emergency response teams, audit teams, or incident investigation teams
- Working knowledge of fire detection/suppression/prevention systems &/or gas detection systems
- Proven expertise in health & safety, planning/organizing & managing execution
- Revising the work plan for complex problems solved by cross functional teams
- Experience working in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment
Physical & Other Requirements
- Occasionally works around odorous and/or hazardous materials
- Occasionally positions oneself within confined spaces for inspection, repair & maintenance of equipment
- Occasionally ascends/descends a ladder to access service equipment. Works atop elevated positions at heights
- Ability to work in loud noise environments with hearing protection
- Ability to work hours necessary to support a 24/7 continuous manufacturing operation
- Ability to work in & around an active operating facility with high hazard chemicals and active pharmaceutical ingredients
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.