Requisition ID: HUM005405
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Right now, thousands of Merck associates are working to cure the world's most complex diseases. We know that our people are the key to our success, which is why our Human Resources organization takes pride in building teams of skilled, forward-thinking individuals who contribute to Merck's pioneering medical advancements. Our Human Resources department shares a spirit of attentive enthusiasm that helps support our associates in achieving new milestones in global healthcare.
We have an exciting opportunity based at the Merck Research Laboratories (MRL) in South San Francisco (SSF). This position will be a member of the dynamic and collaborative HR team responsible for helping to build and create the culture for this critical new Discovery Site. This individual will provide broad human resources process support and coordination for our leaders and employees.
- Provide project support for critical HR initiatives for the Site (and within Sub-Division as appropriate).
- Function as a central Site resource for HR systems related questions (e.g., HRIS, ATS, etc.)
- Troubleshoot issues and assist employees with general questions related to the HR process (disability, benefits, LOA, educational assistance, open enrollment, etc.)
- Assess processes and streamlining to be adaptable to a remote site while working with core Merck on process improvement
- Process purchase orders and expenses for site-based events and activities.
- Serve as a point person for on-site and local events and training sessions, including hosting external facilitators while on site and logistical support (e.g., meeting space and set up, meals and refreshments, etc.)
- Support and administer the MRL SSF commuter program.
- Provide administrative support the Site HR Director (scheduling meetings, arranging travel, processing expense reports, etc.)
Talent Acquisition & Onboarding:
- Partner with talent acquisition organization on activities in support of the organization's workforce plan and talent strategy.
- Manage employee starts, transfers and exit processes (including coordination with Site Security & Employee Administration group for proper access initiation and termination as appropriate).
- Onboarding - schedules and facilitates Hire Orientation Sessions, preparing all materials (benefits info, I9, etc.)
- Liaising with corporate onboarding teams to determine orientation dates & consistent information sharing
- Serve as Site-specific point of contact for New Employee Administration and for the new hires for their inquiries
- Work with hiring managers and New Employee Administration to ensure computer and software are ordered and an office is assigned, ensuring network access and all other first-day requirements are met.
- Collect and submit new hire paperwork. Manage the I-9 process to ensure compliance for new hires.
- Provide site overview information and local benefits information
- Familiarize SSF with Merck communities and implementing to the new site to provide a sense of connection to core Merck.
- Point of contact for transfer during a transition, reviewing changes in structure, site organization, etc.
- Contribute to organizational change management activities when necessary
Education Minimum Requirement:
- High School Diploma
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant experience in the administrative/operations function of an organization
- Candidate must be able to manage the diverse and time-sensitive needs with tact and discretion.
- Extraordinary organizational and communication skills as well as attention to detail required.
- Candidate must be astute interpersonally to adjust to diverse parties' needs and be comfortable interacting with Senior Level Management within biotech, pharmaceutical, and academic communities.
- Proven ability to demonstrate and foster collaboration among peers and extended organization
- Ability to exercise good judgment and to demonstrate a helpful, team-oriented attitude is essential.
- Proficiency with Outlook, MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in Human Resources, Business or related discipline)
- Demonstrated HR functional competence multiple HR disciplines
- Experience navigating and leveraging HR systems and data analytics to support client consultation
- Knowledge of employment legal practices and policies
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet nw breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Human Resources Generic/Consultant Generic
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Hazardous Materials: None
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland