IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
Overview of the team
The IQVIA Ireland Sales team manage all clients that require market performance data for the local market and/or outsourced contract salesforce or medical affairs support (Contract Sales and Medical Solutions (CSMS).
We engage with over 80 clients across commercial pharmaceutical, pharmaceutical distribution and pharmacy in the republic of Ireland. We also engage with a number of clients that require data and analytics or CSMS for the Irish market, but are not based in Ireland.
We manage a revenue of approximately €16m including market dynamics tracking, primary market research, analytics and reporting, market access and HTA, customer targeting, forecasting and outsourced support.
Overview of the role
This role is solely focused on selling the full range of IQVIA's products across portfolio of clients in commercial pharmaceuticals. They shall work in parallel with the existing KAMs to sell the basic market trackers plus our Technology and Services offerings and our CSMS offerings to key pharmaceutical and biotech clients
The Senior KAM will manage all sales trackers for client opportunities on SalesForce for all internal reports. This will include keeping all sales trackers up to date, providing feedback for fortnightly cadence reports and completing forecasting and budgeting reports.
In conjunction with the respective Client Service Manager to liaise with all clients to ensure that clients are receiving sufficient support to extract appropriate understanding and from their data purchases
They will lead projects for the delivery of Technology and Service offerings and work with the wider IQVIA teams internationally to ensure that offerings are delivered in a timely manner to a high standard of quality
They will support the programme development in conjunction with the project manager in CSMS projects.
Finally they will help identify and participate in opportunities to grow our IQVIA Services business
- Engage across all existing clients in their portfolio to achieve and exceed sales targets both quarterly and annually
- Actively sell IQVIA'IQVIAs data and Technology and Services and CSMS to established clients. The Senior KAM will manage the delivery of the data and offerings to ensure that the client receives them as requested and manage the follow through on Management of these feedback reports to pharmacies to ensure that they are accurate and delivered in a timely manner
- Lead and implement renewals and contracting for our clients in their portfolio on an annual basis, ensuring that all contracts and financials are completed and recognised on our internal systems
- Monitor quality and proactively drive for quality & process improvements, with significant interaction with our off-shore hubs
- Work with the Client Service Managers to design and conduct standard and customised product/services training for clients and other employees
- Work with the Service Leader and others in the Commercial Team and CSMS Project Managers to support the definition and implementation of client service best practice.
- Support the recruitment process in CSMS
- In conjunction with the Client Service Manager research, analyse, respond and resolve complex client inquiries/queries directly
- Work with support and development teams to carry out system testing to ensure any required system enhancements are fully implemented
- In conjunction with the Client Service team implement Service Meetings in on-site meetings with clients to help them maximise their utilisation of their data set
- Assume project co-ordination role for specific client requests/requirements
- Shall acquire a thorough market knowledge of competitor offerings and where they have gained traction with clients
- Where possible, expand the current client base
- This role shall report the Commercial Director, Ireland
- This Senior KAM should have the ability to engage with all levels of management with clients, both locally and internationally
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, TECHNICAL AND PERSONAL SKILLLS
- Bachelors level qualification, ideally in a science related discipline
- Advanced degrees a distinct advantage
- Candidates must have a strong sales background of at least 10 years in either product or services sales.
- Sales experience, with a proven track record of achieving sales targets
- Preferable experience in working on both the commercial pharmaceutical and service sides of the industry, with a strong background in achieving short term sales targets
- Experience in engaging with all level of management in client companies
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels within client companies and IQVIA
- Graduate calibre - preference will be given to candidates with Masters level degree or higher.
Essential technical skills and knowledge
- Commercial awareness. A thorough understanding of the commercial pharmaceutical industry, gained through experience is desirable
- Strong (An) understanding of the payment and reimbursement pathways for medicines in Ireland
- Highly numerate with competency and interest in data analytics
- Analytical and strong at problem solving/analysis with attention for detail
- Ability to assimilate knowledge of specific IQVIA services or market conditions and a general understanding of other areas including local data, systems and production processes
- Ability to succinctly summarise complex situations or offerings to lay clients and senior management stakeholders
- Ability to lead projects for the delivery of consulting and service offerings
- Proficient in PC applications: MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word essential
- Broad experience in interacting with technology, and comfortable in discussing technology-related topics with customers
Essential personal skills and behaviours
- Fluency in English (spoken and written); strong business/scientific written English
- Strong sales acumen and ability to deliver against sales targets
- An ability to build strong business relationships
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills with experience in training and presenting desirable
- A commitment to working collaboratively and effectively with others in and across the team to accomplish goals
- Dedicated and proactive approach towards driving client satisfaction
- A commitment to timely internal and client communication; with clients, IQVIA project managers and team members, IQVIA colleagues and others
- Proven time management and personal organisational skills
- Full driver's license essential as this role will be predominantly field based
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
Job ID: R1080550