Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Senior Manager, Compliance reports to the Deputy Chief Compliance Officer (DCCO), Europe/Rest of World (EU/ROW). The role provides operational and organizational support to the EU/ROW organisation to help ensure that Jazz Pharmaceuticals (the Company) is compliant with all Company policies and procedures, as well as the laws and regulations governing the Company's operations.
He/she assists the DCCO to deliver on a variety of compliance-related activities including, but not limited to, developing and implementing an effective EU/ROW and affiliate compliance monitoring programme, and supporting the EU/ROW implementation of the global transparency programme. Additional responsibilities include support of policy and process development, training and implementation.
Essential Job Functions:
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
The Senior Manager, Compliance reports to the DCCO, EU/ROW. The role provides operational and organizational support to the EU/ROW organisation to help ensure that the Company is compliant with all Company policies and procedures, as well as the laws and regulations governing the Company's operations.
He/she will proactively engage with multiple stakeholders throughout the EU/ROW organization with a solution-focused approach to succeed in this role. He/she will develop and gain agreement for operational and work plans and delegate assignments appropriately.
He/she assists the DCCO to deliver on a variety of compliance-related activities including, but not limited to:
- Provide advice and guidance to the EU/ROW senior management, affiliate General Managers/Medical Directors, functional leaders and employees on compliance issues and the Company corporate compliance programme;
- With the support of the DCCO, develop and implement a regional monitoring programme at an above-country, and affiliate level;
- Work closely with Compliance colleagues in the EU/ROW in the development and implementation of compliance strategy, policies and standard operating procedures, training and monitoring activities to ensure an effective compliance programme throughout the Company;
- Work with the DCCO to develop compliance metrics, identify trends, potential risks, and reports related to monitoring activities;
- Support the development and implementation of the EUROW implementation of the global transparency program;
- Work with the DCCO and Senior Corporate Counsel, EUROW to conduct appropriate risk assessments where required;
- Assist in the ongoing development and implementation of the Fair Market Value programme;
- Assist in creation and delivery of compliance communications;
- Stay informed and communicate potential impact of regulatory developments and changes in Codes of Practice, regulations and compliance trends;
- Participate in the EU/ROW Compliance Forum and provide oversight of the implementation of the EU/ROW Compliance Programme;
- Represent the Company in industry associations and other ethics and compliance-related stakeholder groups;
- Assist the DCCO in other projects and tasks as needed and requested in the operation of the Compliance Programme; and
- Complete, at the request and under the supervision of the Chief Compliance Officer or his/her designee, ad hoc projects as needed to achieve corporate objectives, contribute to a collegial atmosphere and balance workload.
- Bachelor degree in appropriate subject matter is preferred;
- Minimum three years of proven compliance experience in a pharmaceutical, medical device or biotechnology company. Experience in small- to mid-cap pharmaceutical companies is a plus;
- Knowledge and understanding of Transfer of Value processes and requirements;
- Potential to develop and take on increased responsibility;
- Knowledge and understanding of the healthcare compliance framework within the EU/ROW and member jurisdictions (i.e. IFPMA, EFPIA), including Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and the UK Bribery Act;
- Proven experience in identifying and resolving healthcare compliance issues quickly and effectively;
- Demonstrated experience in prioritising conflicting demands in a fast-paced environment;
- Independent thinking and action, as well as the potential to develop and take on increased responsibility;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and proven ability to communicate and work with all levels of the organisation (including regional management and field personnel);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Fluency in another EU language is an advantage;
- Ability to embrace and positively manage change;
- Travel throughout the EU and occasional travel to the United States is required.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.