Vir is a clinical-stage immunology company with a compelling mission: "A World Without Infectious Disease". We are focused on combining immunologic insights with cutting-edge technologies. We have assembled four technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and enhance the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Our current development pipeline consists of product candidates targeting COVID-19, hepatitis B virus, influenza A and human immunodeficiency virus.
We believe the success of our colleagues drives the success of our Mission. We have an ongoing commitment to creating a company passionate about equality, inclusion, and respect. When everyone feels supported and encouraged to give at their best, we will collectively deliver outstanding results.
Based in St. Louis and reporting to the Head of Environmental, Health, Safety, the Senior Manager, Environmental, Health, and Safety will manage the day-to-day EHS responsibilities for the St. Louis biologics facilities in accordance with all applicable State and Federal regulations to protect the health and safety of Vir employees, protect the environment, and minimize risk to the company.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
- Manage and continuously improve EHS programs to comply with all local, state, and federal requirements.
- Develop short and long-term strategic plans to methodically reduce risk and prevent uncontrolled introduction of new risks.
- Lead risk assessments and job hazard analysis reviews to ensure risks are identified and mitigated before new processes, equipment, and/or materials are introduced.
- Partner with appropriate management to complete incident and near miss investigations to determine root cause and develop corrective/preventative action plans.
- Implement EHS programs to foster a culture of safety and environmental stewardship.
- Oversee EHS vendors and manage operations, cost and budget
- Act as primary contact for all EHS regulatory agency correspondence including inspections, requests for records, or surveys.
- Assist with supervision of EHS programs globally.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in science or engineering field or related field or relevant experience
- 7-10+ years of experience in similar role in biotechnology industry with Previous experience in research facilities and exposure to animal EHS programs strongly preferred.
- Certifications desired: Certified Safety Professional, Certified Industrial Hygienist, or Registered Biosafety Professional (RBP).
- Experience implementing and managing EHS programs at operational sites on a tactical level required.
- Ability to make sound decisions with limited or incomplete information
- Ability to drive change through influence across all levels of an organization.
- Experience developing and delivering EHS trainings, KPI reviews, and EHS program performance updates.
- Must be able to respond to emergency calls on-shift, after-hours, and on weekends.
Vir's compensation and benefits are aligned with the current market and commensurate with the person's experience and qualifications. All full-time employees receive a package that includes: compensation, bonus and equity as well as many other Vir benefits and perks such as: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, non-accrual paid time off, one Friday a month paid-time off, company shut down for holidays, commuter benefits, child care reimbursement, education reimbursement, 401K match and lunch for all lab essential personnel!
Vir is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact Human Resources to request accommodation.
Vir Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.