Vir is a clinical-stage immunology company with a compelling mission: "A World Without Infectious Disease". We are focused on combining immunologic insights with cutting-edge technologies. We have assembled four technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and enhance the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Our current development pipeline consists of product candidates targeting COVID-19, hepatitis B virus, influenza A and human immunodeficiency virus.
We believe the success of our colleagues drives the success of our Mission. We have an ongoing commitment to creating a company passionate about equality, inclusion, and respect. When everyone feels supported and encouraged to give at their best, we will collectively deliver outstanding results.
At Vir, we seek a highly motivated and experienced leader for our Sr Mg of Global Product Strategy role, within the Commercial organization. Commercial is a fundamental element of development and portfolio planning as well as commercial launch at Vir. With the rapid advancement of Vir's COVID-19 portfolio, in collaboration with GSK, and robust clinical trial programs across a breadth of other disease areas - this is an incredibly dynamic and impactful time to join Vir's commercial team. The role will require significant cross-functional collaboration and interaction with partners across the organization. Collaborative leadership, domain expertise and demonstrated excellent strategic / analytic skills are critical success factors for the role.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES:
- Develop market opportunity assessments and Target Product Profiles, in collaboration with cross functional team members, to drive commercial input into clinical development plans. This includes clinical trial strategy and life cycle management within individual programs, and platform assessment and planning
- Ascertain market research needs to refine market understanding, Target Product Profiles, and strategic messaging; lead market research content in collaboration with the Head of Global Market Planning
- Create strong working relationships with strategic partners; this individual will work closely with the broader Commercial team including Market Planning, Market Access / HEOR, Corporate Strategy, Competitive Intelligence, Clinical Development / Research, Statistics, Program Team Leads, Clinical Operations, Government Affairs, Business Development, Strategic Alliances, and Finance
- Conduct strategic marketing activities including market and competitive research and product positioning in close collaboration with cross commercial disciplines and partners as appropriate. This includes strategic messaging, perspectives on supply/demand, pricing, and reimbursement. Identify actionable insights based on market research and ensure that the product/brand addresses areas of unmet need, both in short- and long-term strategy development
- Provide commercial input on any potential business development opportunities and Vir research portfolio prioritization ensuring market insights, competitor positioning, and ideal brand attributes are embedded in product profile development for valuation
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 8 years of relevant commercial experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry, preferably in both large and small companies, and including management consulting
- Experience in global pharmaceutical product strategic planning, including developing forecast models, analytics, and market research, both pre-launch and post-launch
- Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to influence and work successfully with varied audiences and executives. Collaborative and flexible in personal interactions at all levels of the company
- B.A./ B.S. required; MBA and/or advanced degree in life sciences or medical degree preferred
- Demonstrated ability to articulate high level scientific principles in a commercial / business opportunity context
Vir's compensation and benefits are aligned with the current market and commensurate with the person's experience and qualifications. All full-time employees receive a package that includes: compensation, bonus and equity as well as many other Vir benefits and perks such as: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, non-accrual paid time off, one Friday a month paid-time off, company shut down for holidays, commuter benefits, child care reimbursement, education reimbursement, 401K match and lunch for all lab essential personnel!
Vir is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact Human Resources to request accommodation.
Vir Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.