Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Sr. Manager, Long-Term Forecasting will lead development of long-term forecasts to inform decisions/ activities at corporate, portfolio or molecule level. This role will outline scenarios, build forecast models, develop assumptions, and identify/ reflect drivers of value/ risk in forecasts. The role requires strong collaboration with cross-functional team, and stakeholders, to ensure their input & alignment in development of scenarios & forecasts. S/he will partner with the Dir, Long-Term Forecasting to prepare for forecast reviews with senior leadership. This individual will leverage external vendors and conduct market research as needed to support forecast development.
- Lead development of long-term scenarios & forecasts for key marketed and pipeline assets for both US & ex-US regions
- Understand key business questions/ needs - both near-term & long-term - and develop forecast models to inform the relevant decisions/ activities
- Collaborate across a wide range of stakeholders including New Product Planning, Commercial Development, Global Molecule Leads, Competitive Intelligence, Corporate Strategy & Portfolio, US/ ex-US Commercial, Brand Leads etc. Ensure input & alignment across stakeholders
- Collaborate with commercial operations in development of forecasts for marketed products and also launch phase projects
- Outline drivers of value & risk, and reflect them in forecasts e.g., scenarios, sensitivity analysis
- Build & maintain excel-based forecast models, and update the forecasts/ scenarios as appropriate
- Ensure socialization of forecasts, gaining alignment on inputs and assumptions, and securing approval from cross-functional stakeholders (including leadership)
- Work with external vendors on model development or market research as needed
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 5-7 years in life sciences industry with understanding of general market environment/ trends across pharma, payers, regulators, and providers
- Direct experience in roles such as forecasting, market research, analytics & data science, portfolio planning, equity research, or consulting
- Comfortable developing and interpreting forecast models, P&L or valuation models, as well as constructing "back of the envelope" analyses
- Experience and ability to identify, develop and articulate strategic issues and ideas
- Ability to partner cross-functionally to secure inputs and assumptions for forecasts
- Familiarity with common data sources and forecasting methodologies applied in the pharmaceutical industry
- Strong Excel-based modeling skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Bachelor's Degree required, MBA preferred
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within office environment
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes
- Frequent computer use at workstation
- May move from one work location to another occasionally
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of "normal" work hours, in order to meet business demands
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.