Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Senior Manager, Project Management (PM) is responsible to ensure the timely delivery of assigned projects per Global Molecule Team (GMT) approved strategy on time and within governance approved budget limits. Within our matrix environment the Senior Manager PM will also support the management and leadership of cross functional team(s) which are responsible to execute across projects for a specific molecule. This role works closely with the Project Management Leaders (PML) and other assigned PM team members (i.e. Technical Operations PM, Launch PM etc.) to ensure timely execution of molecule, and project team goals and objectives.
- Responsible to prepare, maintain and execute on the Global Development Plan (GDP) for assigned projects in partnership with cross functional team members.
- Develops and maintains the integrated project plan in Planisware (per GPMO standards) to identify and monitor critical path and drive execution of key development activities / milestones to achieve project objectives on time and on budget per the approved GDP.
- Collaborates with cross functional team members to identify project / product risks and prepare the Risk Management plan including risk mitigation and contingency scenario planning.
- Partners with cross functional team leaders to facilitate leadership and management of cross functional teams.
- This includes but is not limited to the proactive development of meeting agendas and meeting notes, ensuring meeting attendees are prepared to deliver on meeting objectives, as well as advocate for appropriate cross functional team resource assignments.
- Collaborates with the PML and cross functional team members to prepare project / product updates for governance meetings and to clearly communicate status in written documents and presentations.
- Responsible for accurate project planning and reporting through Planisware, Jazz Insights (Tableau), MS Word templates, and all other modes supported and directed by GPMO Systems and Infrastructure.
- Supports management of the cross functional team space in JazzShare (Box)
- Oversees the project budget for each assigned project to ensure delivery within governance approved limits.
- Works with functional team members to monitor functional budget and prepare quarterly last estimates (LE) per approved process.
- Participates in implementing improvements to GPMO processes, tools and infrastructure to ensure ongoing efficiency across the Jazz organization.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Possesses basic knowledge of all phases of the drug development cycle and has at least some technical understanding toward the successful development and registration of pharmaceutical products. Products submission team experience preferred.
- Can competently use and employ essential project management tools and methodologies to facilitate project team activities, manage risk and ensure team execution.
- Capable to prepare and manage a fully integrated project plan that reflects the team's strategy to execute on the approved GDP. Experience with Planisware is preferred.
Soft / Interpersonal Skills
- Possesses excellent communication and facilitation skills both one on one and in a team setting.
- Able Exercises judgement within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action in support of the cross functional team(s).
- Able to influence without authority and balance task requirements with personality issues to solve a broad range of problems in varying scope and complexity
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- BA/BS/RPh in the biological sciences, chemical sciences, or health related business. At least 6 years total experience working in the pharmaceutical industry is preferred, which includes 4 years of Project Management drug development experience.
- Graduate Degree / PharmD, with at least 4 years Project Management drug development experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification a plu
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.