Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Sr. Manager, Oncology Sales Training will be responsible for partnering cross-functionally with Sales Training colleagues and Hem/Onc Commercial Leadership to develop and execute the launch and post-launch training strategy and tactics for lurbinectedin in Small Cell Lung Cancer. This individual will report directly to the Director, Hematology/Oncology & Market Access Training Lead.
- Exhibits exceptional degree of understanding of the clinical applications and benefits of Oncology products.
- Ability to travel, up to 60%, is expected for field activity, POA meetings, and conferences, training classes and meetings at Jazz Pharmaceuticals US offices (Palo Alto & Philadelphia) to facilitate training classes & attend department meetings
- Designs and implements annual product training strategy, goals and objectives - aligned to Brand Strategy and identified Business Unit needs.
- Determines the most effective approaches to meet the product learning needs of the business, including product launch preparation and on-going business needs including reinforcement and sustainability training. Applies advance instructional design principles and the adult learning model to enhance content delivery. Leverages and shares best practices from the past and new principles and concepts across all brands/products.
- Performs detailed needs assessments (gap analysis) in coordination with Sales Leadership, US Sales Training, Marketing, and Commercial Operations. This may include field rides as needed to understand and support the needs of the business.
- Translates business needs into clinical & sales training products and programs. Consistently enhances and updates the current training programs and products.
- Prepares and/or oversees the development of sales training products and programs such as classes, workshops, learning modules, poster books, and other job aids and materials for distribution to sales training customers and program participants with minimal supervision and guidance, including routing all materials through the med/legal/regulatory review process.
- Facilitates Launch, Core, and Advanced Training Classes - highly skilled at group facilitation and group learning exercises.
- In collaboration with Training team's Instructional Designer, designs and implements metrics to measure clinical training impact, effectiveness, appropriateness, and utility. Proven ability to flex training initiatives base on metrics.
- With general direction, proactively identifies, effectively filters and distributes relevant educational resources (i.e. clinical papers) while remaining conscientious of legal and regulatory parameters.
- Often initiates collaboration with cross-functional partners (including Sales, Marketing, Market Access, Regulatory, Medical and Compliance) to ensure consistency, avoid redundancy, and enhance training programs.
- Displays leadership within the organization and/or has a track record of proven leadership.
- Serves as a consultant to Business Unit leadership in long range planning, brand planning, launches and other training programs and products.
- Successfully manages vendor projects and on-going vendor relationships.
- Successfully manages product budget, including forecasting future needs.
- Models compliance through all activities and interactions
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 5+ years' specialty pharmaceutical sales experience, hematology/oncology therapeutic area required.
- Knowledge of the Small Cell Lung Cancer marketplace and its products highly preferred.
- 2+ years previous sales training experience highly preferred.
- Recent Sales training product launch experience highly preferred.
- Marketing experience may be considered
- Knowledge of Jazz Pharmaceuticals product(s) and/or their application(s) in the respective disease state is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated consultative Selling Skills.
- Experience working with adult learning principles in the delivery of clinical and skill based programs.
- Business Acumen.
- Previous people management experience preferred.
- Competence in following areas: Strategic Thinking, Needs Assessment, Facilitation, Prioritization, Decision Making, Collaboration, Planning & Organizing, Implementation/Follow-up, Written and Verbal Communication.
- Ability to travel as needed, usually within the US. During certain intervals, travel may be significant.
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Bachelor degree required.
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of "normal" work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.