About the Department
Novo Nordisk’s Market Access and Public Affairs team engages diverse stakeholders across political and healthcare landscapes to forge solutions that drive patient access to innovative products. We strive to deliver the best possible outcomes for patients with diabetes, obesity, growth hormone deficiencies and rare bleeding disorders through mutual wins for both Novo Nordisk Inc. (NNI) and our Market Access customers. Our passion for helping people live better lives and our award-winning product pipeline can only be as effective as our ability to provide life-changing information to healthcare provider, key stakeholders and policymakers. Our Market Access and Public Affairs professionals ensure that the latest therapies and products reach the people who need them most, by creating an environment where innovation and chronic disease management drive optimal health outcomes.
Responsible for supporting the creation and evaluation of innovative contracting concepts in conjunction with the Strategy and Innovation team within Market Access. Performs mathematical and actuarial modelling to estimate expected outcomes for a given contract design and analyzes health care data to incorporate observed trends into rebate forecasts. Supports innovation pilots via analysis of partner data to understand risk and advise on optimal structure and the potential to scale new commercial offerings. Works across franchise teams to develop the portfolio strategy to achieve short-term and long-term business objectives, and provides thought leadership, concept design, and tactics that will drive innovation in market access in order to increase value and strengthen Novo Nordisk’s competitiveness.
Reports to a Director-level position in Market Access. Interacts frequently in collaboration with internal management and NNI Market Access account teams. Interacts internally with colleagues within Market Access Strategy and Innovation, Patient Centered Outcomes Research (PCOR), Finance, Field Sales, Medical Affairs, Health Economics & Outcomes Research (HEOR), Legal, Regulatory Affairs, Brand Marketing, Digital Health Innovation and others, including global colleagues/counterparts, on a routine basis. External relationships include interactions with key managed markets customers, organized provider groups, innovation thought leaders, as well as vendors and consultants.
- Perform mathematical analyses and actuarial modeling that provide management with statistical findings and conclusions related to innovative contract opportunities
- Design and run complex models using financial, utilization and cost data
- Drives the implementation of platforms, capabilities, and systems-in-house and/or via third-party vendors-to support value-based contracting initiatives
- Assists in the development of portfolio-based and other value-based contracting strategies for inline and pipeline products, in order to maximize profitable access
- Recognizes opportunities and conceptualizes initiatives to drive innovation in market access strategies, processes, programs, and/or engagement models
- Advises on development and design of pilot programs, while supporting incubation of new ideas, developing strategic imperatives and evaluating success against those imperatives
- Leverages understanding of the competitive landscape to anticipate and pre-empt future competitor moves by creating strategic opportunities to enhance portfolio performance through the development of non-traditional engagement and payment models and other innovative plans and strategies
- Ensures strong collaboration across functions to leverage collective knowledge and insights to support the creation of portfolio-based and innovating contracting strategies in order to maximize profitable access
- Collaborates closely with Market Access Strategy & Innovation colleagues to gain a holistic understanding of access strategies across all franchises and channels and communicate relevant knowledge and insights to these colleagues
- Works collaboratively with Value Communication, Contracting Strategy, PCOR, Finance, Account Executives, Field Sales, Medical Affairs, Legal, Regulatory Affairs, and Brand Marketing to develop and implement a strategic and tactical approach to proposed non-traditional strategies
- Delivers internal and/or external trainings and presentations on market access capabilities, insights and projects and on ways to recognize and develop innovation within the team
- Adheres to administrative policies and procedures and encourages others to do the same
- Contributes to practices that attract and retain the best people
10-20% overnight travel required
- A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Must be on the Actuarial exam track, having passed a minimum of 2 Actuarial exams; 4 or more actuarial exams preferred
- A minimum of four (4) years of Actuarial experience
- A minimum of four (4) years of relevant work experience; healthcare industry experience preferred.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in financial modeling of pricing and contracting scenarios and strategies
- Expertise working with formulas, calculations, charts, graphs in MS Excel; proficiency in SAS and/or SQL preferred
- Ability to interpret Health Economic and clinical information/data
- Strong interpersonal, communication, analytical, and project management skills
- Ability to be creative and to develop, implement, and assess non-traditional strategies
- Ability to translate strategies into measurable tactical programs that have high Return On Investment (ROI)
- Leadership skills, with the ability to develop and communicate a vision and engage people in that vision
- Ability to access and influence various functional areas and motivate groups to action without direct line management responsibility
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Requisition ID: 59273BR
Job Category: Market Access