About the Department
The Commercial team leads all sales and marketing efforts for Novo Nordisk Inc. (NNI’s) robust portfolio, which includes insulins, analogues, GLP1s, devices, Oral Anti Diabetics (OAD), obesity medications, biopharmaceuticals and new products in the pipeline. As part of the team, you will have frontline exposure to our brand and marketing vision, business strategies, launch and lifecycle plans, and critical market insights that drive our business forward. At Novo Nordisk, we are the world leader in diabetes care and a major player in hemostasis management, growth hormone therapy and hormone replacement therapy. We use our skills, dedication and ambition to help people with diabetes, and we’re looking for individuals who want to do the same. In exchange, we offer the chance to be part of a truly global workplace, where passion and engagement are met with opportunities for professional and personal development. Are you ready to realize your potential?
This position is a customer service position located in an inbound call center. This is the front line person responsible for assisting patient and healthcare professional (HCP) customers with inquiries related to Novo Nordisk including company information, product information inquiries, product and device use, literature requests, promotional materials, savings offers, and assistance with other Novo Nordisk related services. This position’s primary focus is to deliver an optimal customer experience through telephone interactions with Novo Nordisk customers. Other channels of customer communication include, email, postal mail, and emerging communication tools such as chat, text, and social media. This position may include additional project work related to reporting, presentations, and other tasks as assigned by department management.
Reports to the Manager or Associate Manager - Patient Centric Customer Care. Interacts with Medical Information, Product Safety, Customer Relationship Marketing, Field Sales, Diabetes, Obesity, and BioPharm Marketing, Quality, Regulatory, and IT. External relationships include external vendors.
- Build customer loyalty by providing high quality customer service in response to inquiries from patients, caregivers and health care professionals who contact the Patient Centric Customer Care Center regarding Novo Nordisk products and services
- Collect all information from customers regarding adverse events, product technical complaints and advise of replacement/return procedures. Transmit data to Product Safety Surveillance technical department
- Provide product support materials and educational materials to customers
- Provide professional, accurate, and timely responses to product information questions and other inquiries concerning Novo Nordisk products and services from customers via telephone, email, postal mail, and emerging tools such as chat, text, and social media
- Provide technical assistance to customers related to Novo Nordisk product or promotional website issues
- Provide training on the proper use and storage of all Novo Nordisk products and devices
- Assist with department related projects including postal mail fulfillment, scheduling of department visitors, team calendar management, and other duties as assigned by management
- Compiles and analyzes data, and creates reports assigned by management
- Document all customer contacts in the Customer Care database collected through phone calls, customer e-mail, and postal mail
- Identifies and executes on areas for improvement within the department
- Identify and report all adverse events, product technical complaints and other safety information related to Novo Nordisk marketed products in compliance with Novo Nordisk and Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Regulatory requirements.
- Perform data entry of all customer contacts collected through phone calls, e-mail, and postal mail into the Customer Care database
- Works on a variety of moderately complex and diversified department activities and projects with minimal supervision
- May conduct outbound telemarketing projects or conduct surveys with customers
- Provide sales and marketing support with projects and conducting surveys/soft sell products to inbound caller
May be required to work company holidays and weekends. On-Site Support operating hours are 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM Monday through Friday. This role will work the hours of 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM. Must be flexible within these operating hours to ensure coverage.
- 2+ years previous telephone customer service experience and/or outbound telemarketing experience preferred
- A high school diploma or GED Required, an Associates or Bachelor's degree is preferred
- A minimum of 4 years relevant experience required
- Ability to exercise independent thinking, problem solving, and leadership
- Ability to interact with all levels within and outside of the organization
- Ability to work with sensitive or confidential information
- Bi-lingual (Spanish-English) Required
- Data entry and/or word processing experience required
- Has the ability to handle multiple priorities and demands in a professional environment with a strong focus on providing excellent customer service
- Information Technology experience preferred
- Intermediate proficiency in Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required
- Knowledge of Siebel db preferred
- Prior customer facing experience required
- Professional experience in healthcare, pharmaceutical or medical device call center highly desirable.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong customer service skills required
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills required
- Telephone customer service experience and/or outbound telemarketing experience preferred
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Requisition ID: 59625BR
Job Category: Marketing