Requisition ID: PHA001521
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world's premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, we're doubling down on this goal. Merck Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow and will take Merck's leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
We are currently seeking a renowned and influential Senior Principal Scientist to join our Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism and Excretion (ADME) group at our Research Lab in Boston, MA.
You will provide scientific leadership to drug discovery and early development efforts across modalities (e.g. small molecule, oligonucleotide, peptide, and biologic therapeutics). Therapeutic areas will include immunology, oncology, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and neuroscience.
In this exciting role, you will:
- Have accountability for driving scientific strategy through the implementation of appropriate in silico, in vitro, and in vivo approaches to drive drug discovery and IND-enabling packages both directly on program teams and through supervision of others representing PPDM.
- Mentoring of others in writing internal and regulatory documents, and in responding to regulatory questions.
- Contribute to setting global PPDM strategy, driving innovation and challenging the status quo
Education Minimum Requirement:
- A PhD with a minimum of 10 years of combined industry and/or postdoctoral (or fellowship) experience OR a Master's with a minimum of 14 years experience OR a Bachelor's with a minimum of 18 years experience. Highest degree will be in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Immunology, Pharmacology, Engineering, or related science.
Required Experience and Skills
- Experience focused on providing strategic ADME and PK support for optimization of lead candidates (small molecule, oligonucleotide, antibody-drug conjugate, peptide, and/or biologic therapeutics) and for enabling data-driven portfolio decisions.
- Extensive knowledge of both drug discovery and development.
- Expertise in the implementation and delivery of preclinical data packages for characterization of translational pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic/efficacy (tPKPD/E) relationships and for defining therapeutic profile.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills enabling implementation of collaborative and inclusive teams for delivery of robust and appropriate results to drive decisions in fast-paced environments.
- Success in the development and empowerment of others.
- Exceptional track record of external influence (publications, presentations, consortia/society leadership)
- Experience of contribution to local and global departmental strategy
- Expertise in regulatory document writing and review.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- In-depth knowledge of ADME assays and PK/PD of both small molecule and biologics.
- Expertise across bioanalytical systems (e.g. LC-MS/MS, HRMS, qPCR and immunoassays)
- Experience in computational ADME predictions, data visualization (e.g. Spotfire) and PBPK (e.g. SimCYP).
Y our role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Pharmacokinetics/Drug Metab
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): N/A
Hazardous Materials: no
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Boston