Requisition ID: CHE006345
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that's committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
At the Merck Elkton facility in Elkton, Virginia, the Bulk Sterile Technical Operations team is seeking a highly motivated individual to provide technical and engineering support to process and projects in the area as a Technical Operations Senior Process Engineer. The manufacturing facility is located in the Shenandoah Valley along the Shenandoah River and the Blue Ridge Mountains, a short distance from the University of Virginia and James Madison University.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to apply his or her enthusiasm and technical skills as a member of a multidisciplinary team supporting the operation and improvement of a manufacturing facility. This role requires the ability to manage multiple projects and activities. Strong communication and collaboration skills are essential. The successful candidate will also have robust problem solving skills and a hands-on approach to troubleshooting and investigation.
The successful candidate will work under the guidance of the Technical Lead for Antibiotic and Sterile Technical Operations to provide support and direction to the area. The successful candidate must exhibit strong leadership, interpersonal, collaboration, and communication skills for both decision making and guiding team members. She or he will have the opportunity to manage a sub-group of the Technical Operations team.
Responsibilities may include:
- Achieving safety, quality, and environmental compliance excellence in all assignments
- Providing technical leadership and support for a sterile manufacturing facility, including data analysis, troubleshooting, problem solving, coaching/teaching, and report writing
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams across levels, including leading teams or groups
- Initiating, supporting, or leading change control implementation
- Learning new processes and procedures
- Leading and conducting technical investigations and analyses to determine the root cause of problems
- Recommending and implementing corrective and preventative actions
- Executing continuous improvement projects
- Recommending, creating, writing, reviewing, and approving procedures, instructions, protocols, and other GMP documentation
- Coaching and teaching others
- Contributing to or leading safety reviews and improvements
- Performing shift work as needed (expected to be minimal)
- Provide support, including leadership support, during inspections
If you are the kind of individual who thrives on challenge and possesses the technical, leadership, and communication skills that are of value to our business, we invite you to apply. Consistently cited as a great place to work, we discover, develop, manufacture, and market a wide range of vaccines and medicines to address unmet medical needs. Each of our employees is joined by an extraordinary sense of purpose - bringing Merck's finest achievements to people around the world.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- B.S. degree in Engineering or Science field such as chemical engineering, biochemical engineering, integrated science, biology, biological system engineering, mechanical engineering, or related life science or engineering discipline.
Required Experience and Skills:
- This should be combined with a minimum of 6 years of relevant industrial experience, which includes experience in any Pharmaceutical, Food, or Chemical manufacturing industry.
- Technical writing and presentation experience
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong personal character, ethics, and integrity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; interpersonal and team skills; and collaborative skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Robust problem solving skills and a hands-on approach to troubleshooting and investigation, with a bias towards going to see problems for oneself in the field.
- Strong desire to succeed and to help others to do the same.
- The ability to examine an issue from diverse perspectives (e.g. safety, compliance, maintenance, automation, equipment, process, and people) in order to best understand and resolve it.
- Enthusiasm, confidence, and initiative-taking ability needed for continuous learning and application of knowledge.
- Ability to manage projects and assignments, working towards deadlines within a schedule.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience working in a pharmaceutical or cGMP environment
- Sterile, aseptic, or microbiological experience in a classroom or industrial setting
- Experience managing and executing projects or change controls
- Experience coaching and developing others
- Experience with SAP and DeltaV
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Chemical Engineering
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Harrisonburg
Nearest Secondary Market: Virginia