IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
This position is with IQVIA's Privacy Analytics team in Ottawa, Canada. We're a company on the cutting edge of healthcare innovation, working with some of the largest health analytics businesses in the world utilizing heath data to help find cures for today's biggest diseases, including cancer, heart disease and HIV.
Located downtown in the heart of the National Capital Region, we are literally a one-of-a-kind health data analytics company, as the first and only de-identification software provider in the world. Privacy Analytics is on the cutting edge of data de-identification and re-identification research and we have translated this patented research into an amazing offering of products and services that are enabling researchers to access healthcare data for analysis while ensuring individuals' identities are protected.
We are searching for a software product manager to join the team. Good product managers know the market, the product, the product line, and the competition extremely well and operate from a strong basis of knowledge and confidence. Good product managers take full responsibility and measure themselves in terms of the success of the product. They are responsible for the right product/right time and all that entails. A good product manager knows the company, our revenue funding, competition, and they take responsibility for devising and executing a winning plan. Develops software products by identifying potential, conducting market research, generating requirements, determining specifications, production timetables, pricing, and time-integrated plans for software product introduction.
- Act as the "messenger of the market" from the outside-in to the rest of the organization.
- Determine customers' needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information, and running market research programs to validate our assumptions and collect appropriate market intelligence.
- Analyze various market segments and collaborate with leadership to choose the best ones to pursue, focusing on revenue and customers.
- Develop a three-year roadmap for our software products to illustrate our vision and plan into the future.
- Develop and maintain a business proposal that makes a compelling case for continued investment into our software products, preparing return-on-investment analyses.
- Keep a finger on the pulse of our competition, and develop strategies and tactics to reduce the threat.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders (product marketing, sales) on the creation of positioning for our products.
- Crisply define the target, the "what" (as opposed to the "how"), and manage the delivery of the "what", collaborating with software engineering to establish and negotiate time schedules.
- Create user stories in Jira for current and future software products based on the market's problems.
- Manage the new feature and issue backlog for our software products, and work with internal teams to prioritize.
- Drive buy-build-partner analysis, and where necessary, review potential partner relationships for the product.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses.
- Propose and recommend software product pricing by utilizing market research data, reviewing operational and sales costs and anticipating volume.
- Create collateral (FAQs, presentations) that can be leveraged by salespeople, marketing people, and executives.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees, following up on work results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- 5+ years of software product management experience.
- 5+ years of experience building software products, capability requirements analysis, go-to-market planning, software pricing design, competitive analysis, sales planning, and financial planning and ROI analysis.
- Track record of using qualitative and quantitative data to prioritize and drive decision-making.
- Proficient in applications such as Jira, Microsoft PowerPoint, Project and Excel.
- Metrics-driven: Strong analytical and synthesis skills are a must, including the ability to absorb and process large amounts of data into actionable information.
- Experience with best practice agile scrum development and lean startup principles.
- Curious and comfortable holding professional conversations with our target buyers and users.
- Must be a strong writer and public speaker in front of large, senior groups.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties.
- Subject matter expert/industry experience a strong plus.
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
Job ID: R1094453