Senior Product Manager, Hematology/Oncology Marketing
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Senior Product Manager (SPM) of Hematology/Oncology (Hem/Onc) Marketing will help lead many critical promotional and key customer marketing activities for Defitelio, an in-line product within the Hem/Onc business unit (BU), with the near-term potential to work on a new product launch. The SPM will manage several cross-functional teams working on key strategic and tactical projects/workstreams. The SPM will serve as an important member of the expanding Hem/Onc Business Unit.
The candidate will help drive product adoption within FDA-approved indications by developing strategic and tactical marketing plans. The candidate will also assist, when needed, on marketing initiatives across the oncology portfolio. This individual will be responsible for setting strategy and implementing plans per relevant regulatory guidelines and Jazz policies and values. This position will report to the Director of Hem/Onc Marketing.
This individual will:
- Take a central role in refining and helping in the pull-through of post-launch strategies
- Prioritize, develop and implement promotional and disease education tactics that help establish the value of the product with our customers and contribute to achieving annual sales and share targets
- Help manage several key vendors, including a primary ad agency to maintain and improve upon an effective promotional platform geared towards Hematology Oncologists, Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant (HSCT) physicians/transplant team, and other key customers
- Serve as the marketing point-person on cross-functional teams, including the Promotional Material Review Committee (PMRC)
- Establish a strong relationship with the sales team and other field-based commercial teams to ensure optimal execution
- Serve as the primary lead for a broad range of marketing tactics including print and digital promotions, peer-to-peer programming, and key customer marketing initiatives.
- Work with key functional partners - implementing market research initiatives, advisory boards, and evaluating third-party market data to generate a deeper understanding of customer/market needs
- Partner with the Thought Leader Liaison (TLL) team to understand the needs of the top institutions, key opinion leaders, and other important healthcare providers to optimize promotional approach, selling tools and educational programming
- Collaborate with other marketers to ensure an integrated marketing plan for the Hem/Onc business unit
- Manage and enhance relationships with many critical functions within the organization, thought leaders, and strategic business partners
- Demonstrate the ability to quickly understand complex markets, disease states, competitive landscapes and relevant market and managed care dynamics
- Ensure strategic and tactical plans meet compliance and regulatory guidelines and company policies
- Work collaboratively with finance partners and ensure budget is managed appropriately
- 5+ years of marketing (or related commercial) experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry
- A degree in life sciences or a related discipline
- An MBA or advanced degree is preferred
- Hematology and/or Oncology experience is preferred
- Sales experience is preferred
- Strategic thinking
- Delivering results
- Inspiring and influencing
- Communication skills (including the ability to present to larger audiences)
- Project management
- Analytics and problem solving
- Taking initiative
- Demonstrating good judgement
Description of Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office equipment
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time
- Working indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes
- Occasional mobility within office environment
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that includes working outside of "normal" work hours, in order to meet business demands
- Occasional customer contact requiring appropriate business apparel
- Approximately 30% travel is required
- The position is located in the Philadelphia, PA (preferred) or Palo Alto, CA office
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.