Associate Director, Marketing
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Product Manager will work closely with the Marketing Director and the local marketing team as well as the cross functional afflalite team to deliver on the agreed business/commercial activities within the UK & Ireland. In addition there will be a close cooperation with the int. Congress & Events and the int. Product Marketing teams to develop and deliver Jazz´s congress plans.
The PM will own specific marketing projects and will be responsible for the development, approval and implementation of specific programmes and materials and will need to develop robust relationships with affiliate staff to ensure internal optimisation of product strategy.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
Support marketing director in the development of detailed 1-year, mid- and long-term marketing plans, including positioning, sales forecasts, communication plan (publications, congresses, etc), opinion leader development, sales targets, etc.
Development of specific promotional materials and programmes ensuring all are reviewed and approved in accordance with JAZZ Pharma standard operating procedures.
- Work closely with other functions to facilitate timely delivery of materials.
- Engage with key stakeholders in the development and approval of materials including Medical Affairs, Regulatory and Compliance.
- Manage agencies and contractors effectively to ensure high quality outputs and value for money
Responsibility for the effective implementation of specific programmes and materials developed
- Work closely with the global marketing, medical and commercial teams to ensure alignment with global strategies
- Maintain up-to-date expertise and knowledge in therapy area by obtaining regular feedback from countries, KOLs and other business intelligence sources.
- Support field force with local organised meetings
Lead the development of the congress plans to ensure effective delivery:
- Optimisation of exhibition stand space and corporate meeting rooms within the allocated budget and timelines
- Develop and implement high quality medical education events
- Oversee the congress HCP sponsorship process
- Regular and effective briefing of all staff on congress activities, objectives and expectations
Further build the reputation of JAZZ Pharma as a credible partner in haematology across the region
- Ensure credibility and professionalism in all product communication activities and materials
- Act as an ambassador for JAZZ Pharma following JAZZ Pharma mission, values and vision
Operate within agreed budgets ensuring optimal investment of promotional resources.
- Monitor and analyse the impact of activities within the promotional mix in order to maximise effectiveness
- Work with the finance team to ensure that planned expense estimates are accurate and regularly updated to reflect deviations from plan
- Adaption and implementation of approved promotional materials, campaigns and programmes- examples include iDetailAids, leavepieces, slide sets, monograph, exhibition stands, briefing documents and training slides
- Development of region specific promotional materials
- Implement and support product specific projects and programmes
- Progress versus plan updates and variance analysis
- Delivery of events (e.g. congress presence, symposia, stand-alone meetings, advisory boards) to support product objectives
Candidates will need the following attributes and experience:
- Ideal: Proven Pharmaceutical Sales Experience in a hospital environment.
- Essential: Some experience in pharmaceutical marketing
- Ideal: Some experience of developing materials and/or delivering congress plans.
- Ideal: Oncology or haematology / Orphan Drug experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent (Life Science preferred)
- Good understanding of UK & Ireland hospital business
- Excellent IT skills - familiar with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and inspirational
- Results orientated
- Ability to influence and generate commitment from others without direct authority
- Ability to drive projects forward work on own initiative and work with a cross-functional team
- Strong project management skills to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal/ communication skills to interact with Healthcare Professionals and colleagues in 1:1 and group settings
- Ability to work well and deliver under pressure
- Essential: very good command in spoken and written English
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.