Vir Biotechnology is a commercial-stage immunology company focused on combining immunologic insights with cutting-edge technologies to treat and prevent serious infectious diseases. Vir has assembled four technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and enhance the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Its current development pipeline consists of product candidates targeting COVID-19, hepatitis B virus, influenza A and human immunodeficiency virus. For more information, please visit www.vir.bio .
We believe the success of our colleagues drives the success of our Mission. We have an ongoing commitment to creating a company passionate about equality, inclusion, and respect. When everyone feels supported and encouraged to give at their best, we will collectively deliver outstanding results.
Vir Biotechnology is seeking a highly talented and motivated Senior Research Associate to join our Clinical Immunology team. The successful candidate will help drive new efforts in the discovery and development of novel therapies for the treatment of infectious diseases including HIV, HBV, SARS-CoV-2 and others. You will work within a highly collaborative group, participating in discovery and translational research efforts aimed at identifying and characterizing novel therapeutic targets, and investigating mechanism of action of therapeutics.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
- Work under the limited supervision of scientists to conduct scientific research that furthers our understanding of the human immune response to infectious diseases and therapeutic interventions.
- Responsible for the optimization, execution, and analysis of complex immunologic assays.
- Assist with primary cell isolation.
- Document accurate records of experimental details and results related to assigned projects.
- Maintain project timelines and actively participates in team meetings
- Assists in ordering supplies, making reagents, and maintaining the laboratory to conduct necessary activities.
- Assists in database buildout for complex data analysis.
- Actively seeks opportunities to continuously improve and learn.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- BS in biological sciences or related field with 4+ years of relevant lab experience or MS and 2+ years of relevant lab experience (background in immunology and infectious disease research preferred).
- Demonstrated track record of productivity with multi-color (8+ colors) flow cytometry, immune cell phenotyping, antibody-based assays, ELISA, and cell culture aseptic technique.
- Hands-on experience in a wide variety of cell biology, including isolation of immune cells from peripheral blood or apheresis materials.
- Detail oriented with the ability to work independently and manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced team environment.
- Professional interpersonal skills, excellent oral/written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is required
- Highly desirable: experience with optimizing various immunological assays (T cell stimulation assays, RNAseq, etc), and data analysis software/programs (FlowJo, SPADE, SPICE, Cytobank, Prism, Spotfire, R, etc.)
Vir's compensation and benefits are aligned with the current market and commensurate with the person's experience and qualifications. All full-time employees receive a package that includes: compensation, bonus and equity as well as many other Vir benefits and perks such as: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, non-accrual paid time off, one Friday a month paid-time off, company shut down for holidays, commuter benefits, child care reimbursement, education reimbursement, 401K match and lunch for all lab essential personnel!
Vir is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact Human Resources to request accommodation.
Vir Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.