Requisition ID: DIR028084
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck's Animal Health (MAH) Division works to improve the health of animals around the world through collaborative partnerships and a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and planet. This team of energetic, independent thinkers offers one of the industry's most innovative portfolios of products, services, and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species both domestically and internationally.
The Sr. Territory Mgr is a key member of the field tactical team and plays a critical role in supporting Merck's customer centric business model. He/she is responsible for working in their respective territory to understand and identify individual retail, dealer, and large corporate retail account needs and offer solutions through selling Merck Animal Health products. The Sr. Territory Mgr is responsible for support of pull-through activities relative to the customer strategy and ensuring that Merck Animal Health is viewed as bringing value and technical innovations aligned to our strategic focus the Science of Healthier Animals.
In addition, the Sr. Territory Mgr demonstrates the highest level of competency and thoroughly understands the resources available across Merck Animal Health and our Distribution Partners. In addition to the sales accountability this position has added responsibilities based upon business needs that will include one or more of the following areas: Advanced Account Leadership, Peer Leadership and Training, Business Analysis and Planning, and/or Technical Systems Applications and Tools.
This role will cover Territories in the Western States of the country.
Education Minimum Requirement: Bachelor Degree
Required Experience and Skills**:
• In-depth knowledge of the retail industry with a minimum of 5 years demonstrated sales and/or operations experience.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, iPad.
• Deep understanding of data resources and analytic problem-solving tools to identify opportunities/ solutions to resolve customer issues and drive results. May act as a mentor to team members.
• Develops strong networks and relationships across functions and other organizational boundaries.
• Demonstrated understanding of positions' contribution to the business goals and willingness to adopt changes to current processes, identifying emerging needs and participating in defining innovative solutions to meet customer needs.
• Utilizes in-depth knowledge of customers' business to anticipate needs/trends and to provide customer centric solutions that drive long term sustainable results.
• Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of effective selling techniques and approaches to create a compelling rationale for the value and use of MAH products using approved resources.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and manage a range of accounts to drive execution and follow through for all account tiers including large, complex accounts.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and implement an accurate business plan.
• Demonstrated ability to implement the strategic marketing plan.
• Superior organizational, analytical and time management skills.
• Must be results oriented and able to work independently and also as part of a team.
• Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Strong understanding of business and financial metrics including the ability to analyze metrics to assess progress against objectives
• Ensures the highest ethical standards when handling Merck financial assets.
• Valid driver's license
• This position requires regular overnight travel including air and driving travel
Preferred Experience and Skills:
Thorough understanding of Merck products and therapeutic areas
Speaks and Writes Spanish Fluently
CRM systems (i.e iRep, Veeva, MAXX, etc.)
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Direct Sales Generic MAH
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): N/A
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Kansas City